Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
glwood6  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:06:59 PM(UTC)
glwood6

Groups: Registered

I read how to remove the front panel of the refrigerator by inserting a screwdriver blade in the slots on the bottom of the panel then twisting, then sliding the panel up to remove; is that the proper method for my model number also? Then, does the entire water line need to be replaced, or can the end plastic nozzle be replaced only? I found part number AP3108776 as the replacement part on appliancepartspros.com, but it includes quite an amount of tubing as well as the plastic nozzle, hence my question. Is replacing the nozzle only an option?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

glwood6  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:36:27 PM(UTC)
glwood6

Groups: Registered

Thanks for all the valuable input.

I fixed it myself, at least for now. I am such a cheapskate, I couldn't see spending $40+ for a piece of plastic tubing with a little plastic flange on the end that screws to the bracket. I undid the screw that holds the water dispenser tube in the door opening, then disconnected the waterline under the freezer door, and pushed the water line up about 4".

I cut the tubing off the back of the face flange about 3/8" back, and notched the locating tab in the back enough for a repair tube. I then cut a 1" piece of 1/4" tubing that is used in garden watering drip systems. I then heated that piece up in boiling water, then slipped it over the fridge tubing pieces, pushing them back together. Re-installed the dispenser tube screw, re-connected the waterline under the door. Done. No more leak.

I will replace my ice door with the kit, though, it is on it's last legs, and I can see needing a new one. That I can deal with.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply