Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
craigomidyar  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:47:49 AM(UTC)
craigomidyar

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator just acting up today.

Water dispense intermittenly and only once before you have to wait for a while before it dispense again. Press on the dispenser, water comes out, release the dispense, wait for one second, press on the dispenser again, water won't come out. It normally does. When it doesn't come out, I hear a click and the freezer noise stops, then resume after releasing the dispenser tab. If I wait for a while and try it again, water may or may not come out. When it does come out, the above repeats itself for subsequent dispensing until I wait again.

I see that ice is producing, but I am not sure if it was made during when water was working. I will know by the end of today. However, ice would not dispense at all. I don't hear any motor running when pressing on the dispenser. Again, freezer noise stops while the tab was pressed and resumed either if I let out of the tab or when it resets itself after a few seconds. I haven't paid attention before, so not sure if freezer noise stopping when the tab is pressed was normal.

The filter was replaced not long ago and the filter replacement light has not turned on. I am thinking this is a motherboard problem since I am getting water and when I do get water, the flow was smooth. If you are having a similar issue and had the motherboard replace, please let me know if that is working for you. I also saw that from forums that there was a GE motherboard replacement program. If you know of where I can find out more on this, please send me the link. The forum says that not all GE rep have this list.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.