Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HandyHubby1963  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2010 7:00:52 AM(UTC)
HandyHubby1963

Groups: Registered

I have a Crosley washing machine, model number CW6500W and my clothes are still wet after final spin. There are no unusual noises during entire wash cycle. I replaced the drive belt because on inspection of pumps, hoses, wash drums, motor etc for the cause of the problem, the belt appeared to have been slipping. Hand spin of pulley at bottom of transmission with belt off is very easy; with belt on it is still relatively easy. Agitator in washtub can be turned a little bit in either of the above conditions. Motor appears to slide for cycle tensioning and there appears to be no visible signs of wear on the motor plate and associated mechanisms. I did note that there seems to be some play (wobble) in the pulley below the washdrum when it is moved by hand but I am not sure if this is normal (on a car engine it would not be). Replies to some of the posts seem to indicate problems in the transmission department. The condition of the old belt indicates drag somewhere. Now I am at a loss. Wife wants to buy new unit; I think I can repair this one with good advice. Please help if you can--the clock is ticking for me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.