Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tango  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 8:57:04 AM(UTC)
Tango

Groups: Registered

I have a 2 yr old Kenmore Elite Range that a Sears repairman told me needed a new panel control assembly. I got the part off searsparts.com (part # 5303935249 $380) and put it in last night. Very easy replacement. This did not fix my problem. The controls for the oven still do not work. The clock and burners work fine. What's my next step? Board user interface (part # 316271800 )??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 1:23:52 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
Sears repairman told me needed a new panel control assembly. I got the part [myself] (part # 5303935249 $380) and put it in last night. This did not fix my problem.

The electronic control itself (aka Clock/Timer, electronic # 316418750) would be more likely be the suspect part not the control panel. Maybe you misunderstood what he said? :cool:

Quote:
What's my next step? Board user interface (part # 316271800 )?

That is for the surface elements and should have nothing to do with the oven operation.

What you should have done originally is let the technician that diagnosed the problem complete the job. That way you would have been sure the problem got fixed.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Tango  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 3:17:14 AM(UTC)
Tango

Dan O,
The repairman got the code that told him what the problem was. I specifically asked him what part number he was talking about. There was no misunderstanding. He was going to charge me more than $100 more for the part than I could get it at searspartsdirect.com. I probably should have let him rip me off. Why the clock timer part versus the interface board? The clock works fine. It's the start, bake, convection bake functons that don't work.
Dan O.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:09:04 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Quote:
Why the clock timer part versus the interface board?

As I stated, the interface board(s) on your model are for control of the surface elements (where you might boil water). It/they have nothing to do with the operation of the oven.

Quote:
The clock works fine. It's the start, bake, convection bake functions that don't work.

The clock is only one function of the oven control. Just because the clock portion of it works doesn't mean the rest of it is functioning.

I'm still not saying that IS your problem, just that it is more likely to be than the control panel.

JFYI

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
Leininger  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:30:19 AM(UTC)
Leininger

If your range has a touch membrane switch for the range functions, that might be what is defective. Mine showed F1 and beeped. After messing with it, I decided the problem was the membrane switch. Knowing that heat makes plastic shrink, I shut off the oven at the breaker box, then I hit the front of the switch with a hair dryer to get it quite warm. When I turned power on and pushed "clear", everything worked again. I think the shrinking plastic was enough to clear a short on the membrane to panel contact. It's a cheap fix if it works. I would like to replace the membran switch, but they don't sell it separate from the clock module which is over $300.
Hope this helps.
Bob
JACEE  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:02:08 PM(UTC)
JACEE

If you find out, please let me know. Mine is model 66592154300. I have no error codes and the range top and clock and everything works but the oven won't heat up. I ordered a new element for the bottom thinking maybe that was the problem. But it still doesn't heat up. The oven is just a few years old. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jacee
virginia3  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:39:22 PM(UTC)
virginia3

I have a similar problem. Originally the whole oven shut down and I had an F5 01 error. the repairman replaced the clock/timer and now the stovetop works but the oven does not. The repairman said I need to replace the electric control panel ($345 from Sears parts). I'm trying to find out if I can just replace the user interface board or the power board.
Dan O.  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:55:29 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

virginia3,

Please start a new message of your own for your query (since it really doesn't have anything to do with this one) and be sure to supply the brand name and exact model number of the appliance in question so we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with to try to answer.

JMO

Dan O.
Tango  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:13:46 AM(UTC)
Tango

I installed the clock/timer package (clock board, interface board and another circuit board). I just made sure I was grounded and replaced one wire at a time. Very easy. The oven works now.
Dan O.  
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:16:22 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Quote:
I installed the clock/timer package (clock board, interface board and another circuit board).

It must be some sort of kit Sears came up with which includes 'everything under the sun'. :rolleyes:

Quote:
... and another circuit board

It has got to be the surface unit control (aka 'power') board. The user interface and surface unit control boards should have nothing to do with oven operation but at least the ones in your range are brand new now.

Quote:
The oven works now.

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up. UserPostedImage

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply