Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fairbank56  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 6:46:12 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have no books to recommend. My experience is 38 years servicing, repairing, installing electronic/electrical systems for the Navy so, got my initial basic electrical/electronic theory education a long time ago along with specialized training in the years since. Retired now and doing washer/dryer repair as a hobby. Very simple compared to what I worked on. I was really shocked to learn that most "appliance techs" have very little to no training in this area and don't even know how to read/interpret the simple wiring diagrams and timer esterline charts and so many of them are just parts swappers with no logical approach to troubleshooting. Your best bet if you really want to understand the theory is to take a course at your local community college in basic electrical/electronic theory. That way, you get some hands on lab training to go with the book theory.

Eric
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 2:13:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Need some advise. I replaced my furnace igniter because it wasn't lighting up. I tested the voltage and it is very low and basically it should read 120v, I had like 5v. Everything works fine and starts and runs but blows cold air because the igniter doesn't glow. What would the issue be? A dirty sensor of some sort?
WilliamM/APP Team  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 5:34:44 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Guest, if the model number of your appliance could be provided, this will allow the most accurate information to be presented.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply