Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wisconsin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:24:01 PM(UTC)
Wisconsin

Groups: Registered

I have Maytag DG409 that isn't drying my clothes. The ignitor glows red, the gas fires and stays lit for about 20 seconds and goes out. About a minute later the system cycles, and the ignitor begins to glow, the
flames lights and cuts out 10-15 seconds later. This goes on and on. The vent is disconected and it blows freely.
Based on what I read from other people and a recomendation by the site, I ordered the 3 pack of coils and a new ignitor. I replaced the coils, still had the same problem, I replaced the ignitor, still no change. So neither part was the problem. If I understand how the dryer works, it can't be the flame sensor, since I do get flame. Any other ideas, what should I do next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

try_lg  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:54:00 PM(UTC)
try_lg

Hi Wisconsin,
I have LG dryer DLG2102W which had the same problem that you stated. Today, I replaced Gas valve assembly with two solenoid built in and igniter at the same time but the problem is the same.

If anyone can help you to solve your problem then can solve mine too. I am really desperate needing help! Hope someone will help us.
thanks,
try
try_lg  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 12:28:13 PM(UTC)
try_lg

Hi Wisconsin,
I fixed my problem, cleaning vent on the machine it is not enough, cleaning from the wall to through to out side wall. Now it is working fine. read this artical that I copied from repair ************:

The igniter glows for a minute, the gas is ignited, then the flame goes out before the temperature of the dryer reaches 125 degrees or more.

This is almost always an indication of a restricted air vent system in either the vent leading to the outside or within the dryer. Be sure to clean all the ductwork thoroughly. If the ductwork is clear, you might have a bad drum felt seal, causing poor air suction through the dryer. You must replace the seal to correct this problem.
If you determine the thermal fuse is bad, replace the fuse and CHECK THE DRYER VENT. Poor airflow is almost always the cause of a bad thermal fuse. The dryer may have one or two thermal fuses. Use a volt/ohm meter to test the thermal fuse(s) and thermostat(s).
Prevent dryer fires with this 10 ft. dryer vent cleaning brush.
************************.com ******************** Staff
Wisconsin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:48:22 AM(UTC)
Wisconsin

Thanks for comments tyy-LG. It wasn't a clogged venting system, or the ignitor, and the jury is still out on the coils. I did find out that after replacing parts you can't trial it with the front off. Once the front was back on the dryer worked beter with regard to short cycling. I am however still having problems in the Auto drying modes, although the dryer works just fine in the timed mode. I started a new thread with "new" problem, although I am not 100% sure this isn't still part of the initial problem. Anyone interested in following this, that post is titled "Dryer runs on and on on auto setting"

Thanks
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 1:36:47 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Same problem backed probed the connectors on the coils and the 120 volts drops out causing the coils to shut down causing the flame to turn off, all sensors test good.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply