Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 3:53:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am very thankful that I found this thread! About a month ago we started smelling a foul odor that resembled rotting fish. We have been baffled as it progressively got worse to the point we could not take the smell anymore. I googled clothes dryer fish smell and this thread popped up! I went straight to the electrical plug and that is the problem. Discolored blades, some type of polymer or something melting that is putting off the fish smell. Possibly prevented my house from burning down! Thanks to all that posted on this thread!
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 12:34:04 PM(UTC)

United States

Thank God I found this thread online. Had fishy smell coming from the dryer but no idea what it was. Googled and found this thread, then checked the plug / socket which were both scorched! Could easily have caused a fire.
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2024 6:41:13 PM(UTC)

United States

Same here! The outlet was the culprit, and it looks like one of the connections didn't have enough of the Noalox goop compared to the others. At least, the one with scorch marks appeared dry when I removed it, and the others with remaining Noalox were fine. It was probably the original outlet in this 35 year old house with 3 conductor aluminum wiring to the dryer (rest of the house is copper).

Quick tip: be sure to use Noalox if your wiring is aluminum! I didn't know about that until this issue.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply