Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2023 7:58:37 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was recently given an old Speed Queen gas dryer with model number NG3319W and s/n S6054258WD that possibly needed repair. The unit was tested prior to being dismantled and it ran properly but was noisy. The drum was removed and the drum support rollers, Idler pulley and front slider strips checked for wear and/or damage. Some wear was noted on the font sliders but not bad. The Drum rollers had some wear in the bore and outer rim but also not bad. The idler pulley was in decent shape. The belt was worn and is to be replaced. Of note is a problem I have seen many times before on old dryers in that the drum seam has a bump at the seam. As the drum rotates over the rollers it makes a slight thump every time this seam goes over the rollers. I would like to know if anyone has ever done any kind of a repair to smooth out this seam that will last over the years ? As a comparison LG dryers use a drum that splits at the seam since it so so thin .These LG drums rum smooth but dont last very long compared to these old Maytag and Speed Queen units. Can anyone offer some input on this ?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.