Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
QuickPuppy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2023 7:41:27 AM(UTC)
QuickPuppy

Groups: Registered

Just picked a 2020 Samsung DVE45R6100. Previous owner said it was on a pedestal in his garage during Hurricane Ian. Said he had about a foot of water in the garage. Dryer had been throw HC (overheat) codes since.

I got it home, plugged it in and tried a cycle. It started up and seemed to run normally (Spun and blew hot air) for a few minutes, then gave the HC code and shut down. Since that initial run it will either do the same thing, or will give the HC code even before the heat portion of the cycle starts. (Meaning that it can't be overheating because the heater isn't running yet.)

I didn't notice any obvious until I took it apart and saw a faint line of lint all the way around the inside of the case about 14" high. (If it is a water line, it covered the motor, blower, belt tensioner, heater, etc.) All control boards are located well above that line at the top of the unit. Other than the faint line of lint, the unit was extremely clean. No obvious corrosion or other issues. All vent lines and filters are spotless.

I continuity tested the heater coils, thermal fuse and thermistor. All show continuity. The heater terminals are not shorted to the casing. Could any of these parts still be bad even though they seem to test as good?

I'm hoping that the control board is not the culprit. There are no obvious burned components on it.

So next troubleshooting question: I have my old LG DLEX3470 that has all lower parts (Motor, heater, sensors) in working order. Any idea if any of these, specifically the heater/sensor assembly might work in the Samsung, even if only as a test to see if the HC code dissappears?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.