Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dark_nemesis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:41:13 PM(UTC)
dark_nemesis

Groups: Registered

Hello All,

First I'd like to say "Hi." This is my first post. I joined hoping to get some help with the my mini fridge. I have a soda dispensing mini-fridge, the kind that when you press a button on the front a can is pops out the front. I'm not sure if it really matters the type of fridge, however I figure the more details now, the less I will have to add later. I just purchased it, and the gentleman that I bought it off of said that it wouldn't get cold when he got it, so he ended up sticking one of those 3 N' 1 relays in it. He said that he wasn't sure if he wired it correctly (as it turns out he did). When I got the fridge home, I got my multimeter out to test the compressor. (I learned how to test it on youtube:p) This is where I run into problems though. Does the compressor have to be hook into the fridge, and the fridge plugged in in order for me to be able to test it? I ask because the compressor is hooked into the fridge, but when the fridge into plugged into the wall, I do not get any readings what so ever on the multimeter. When it is plugged in, when testing the com and run pins, I get a reading. When testing the com and the start pins, I get a reading (both of the aforementioned readings are roughly about the same). Now when I try to get readings from the run and the start pins, I do not get anything. Any ideas? Do I need a new compressor? or is it the relay? Oh and not sure if it matters, but I have the relay connected to the compressor when I am doing my readings with my multimeter.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.