Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lockefloyd  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 8:17:36 AM(UTC)
lockefloyd

Groups: Registered

Ice maker makes ice, but VERY, VERY slowly. After several days, the hopper is still not full. On the ice level optical control board, the red ON LED light goes OFF after several minutes after rebooting with all parameters satisfied to be ON.
I have changed both ice maker emitter and receiver optical control boards. SAME problem with both.
Since the ice maker was making SOME ice, the tech thought the thermostat in the ice maker was bad. Replaced with two different new ice makers. Same results. Appliance Parts refunded all parts with no questions, but I'm right back where I originally started.
It seems to me , one problem I have is the red LED light on the control board ( which tells if the maker is ON or OFF), is OFF when it should be ON.
ANY help from anyone would be appreciated.
OBTW this is a Whirlpool Gold series model WRF989SDAE00 with the NEW style optical control boards.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CitadelBlue  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 11:33:20 AM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

My emitter boards act the same way.
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/569220-still-not-making-ice.html

I think we both have another issue
lockefloyd  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:54:53 PM(UTC)
lockefloyd

If you call a repair man, let me know what he finds out.
That may be my next step.
OBTW, my son was Echo Company, class os 2004.
CitadelBlue  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 4:09:29 PM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

Already did. Told me it was the master control board. He left. I ordered that board. It didn't fix my problem. Then I ordered the power supply board. Installed it. Still not fixed. Read my entire post linked above at Still not making ice.

At least you are getting ice slow ... yours sounds like the solenoid valve or not enough water .....

G company Class of 1976.
lockefloyd  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 5:56:12 AM(UTC)
lockefloyd

Thanks for your reply.
Did not notice your link in your post...thanks. You have been working very hard on yours.
With NO water getting to the ice maker, it seems like I read there was a valve AFTER the filter that diverted the water to EITHER the water dispenser OR ice maker. Could there be an issue there on yours??
If you have not changed the ice maker yet, there is a VERY GOOD video at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzXTVyrV5nU. Doing this will expose both water lines to the maker and the dispenser. Could you possibly reverse the lines and check the result?????
On mine; the water is filling properly, will freeze, then sits in the ice maker for what seems like a day, then will FINALLY dispense. All the while, the red LED "ON" light on the optical ice maker control emitter board is not illuminated
lockefloyd  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 6:00:01 AM(UTC)
lockefloyd

OBTW, CitadelBlue
Clemson AFROTC class of '71
C-141 Charleston AFB 1972-1992
CitadelBlue  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 6:32:16 AM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

I updated my post. My issue is a broken wire under the freezer. Seems opening and closing door puts a strain on the wire and connector. Havent looked too close but when i jiggle the wire i heard the ice maker fill with water.

Go Dogs. Best the Tigers
lockefloyd  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 9:54:23 AM(UTC)
lockefloyd

OK, Thanks for that info.
I think my problem is an electrical issue , also

That will be a home game for us, and will most probably be Military Appreciation Day. If you have not been to Death Valley for that, it would be a GREAT experience for you. They do a really good job of honoring the military and Fallen Soldiers.

Good job on beating the Gamecocks!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply