Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kris77  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:34:52 AM(UTC)
kris77

Groups: Registered

I'm at the end of my rope here. I've come to the conclusion that this thing is cursed.
One day the fridge will freeze the eggs, the next, everything in there is sweating and getting warm. Same with the freezer. One day, everything is froze solid, 2 days later, the ice cream is so soft, you can scoop it with your hands. The ice maker freezes ice one day, the next, everything is leaking out the dispenser making a mess.

The evaporator fan was froze up a few years ago, so that was the first thing i checked. Its working fine. Its not on all the time, but i can open the door and hold the switch in and it starts up most of the time. The ice maker fan runs. The evaporator coil has frost....not sure how much frost it should have, but it has frost on it and is cold to the touch. Fingers freeze to it when you touch it.

I'm thinking the problem has something to do with the defroster staying on too long or something, but i'm not sure how to troubleshoot anything with that system. I have parts warranty still on the fridge on the sealed system. But since its frosted, i think its working....

Paid sears $100 to come out and look. They said it was the system board. I'm an electronic technician, i wasnt convinced he knew what he was doing. He was feeding me a bunch of BS. But i ordered a board anyways....$150. Not the problem. The day after i put it in, same issue.

Anybody have any advice for me? Anything I can check??? I'm about to throw this thing out the window........

Forgot to add, its a french door, with freezer on the bottom. Ice maker in left hand door.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.