Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
enewton77  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 6:55:01 AM(UTC)
enewton77

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore 796.40272900 front loader and I am getting a "de" door error. The machine has power, but every time I try to start a cycle, I get 2 clicks and the de door error will pop up in the display. At this point, I have purchased and replaced the door switch and it has not solved the problem. I still get the same error code. :( I have also purchased and replace the main board and it has not solved the problem. :mad: So I am just wondering what my next steps should be....wire harness perhaps?...I also read at one Sears forums that a part on the door is causing the door not to sit right. This is what it read....

"the door is out of position when the door is closed preventing the latch from opening properly resulting in the de error code. you will need to replace the inner door frame over the hinge. this piece has been modified to make sure the door is in the proper position for the latch to operate correctly.. the part number is mdq61882301"

For some reason, the above comment relating to the door part isn't making any sense because there is no warping of this particular door part...and, it has worked for years. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone out there in repair land can offer some suggestions. I am frustrated, spending a lot of money trying to figure this out, and the laundry is piling up...LOL.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.