Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
D. Hayes  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:01:50 PM(UTC)
D. Hayes

Groups: Registered

Our bottom freezer Ge fridge model #PDS20MFSAWW has started having relay K6 on the control board clicking. Tonight it has lasted a while. In between the clicking you can hear a hard to describe light noise coming from middle of fridge maybe between the top and bottom compartments. Compressor doesn't seem to be running and is pretty warm to the touch. The fan that blows across the coils in the bottom rear beside compressor is not running. When you open the door the interior light comes on and flickers as the relay clicks but the overhead display doesn't work. I put a box fan blowing on the compressor to see if it would help. As i was typing this the fridge finally stopped clicking and compressor seems to be running but lower bottom fan still isn't blowing across the coils near the compressor, should it be? Clicking probably lasted @ 15 minutes tonight. Now the overhead display is working but shows -34 for freezer temp and - 15 for fridge temp. Can't be right. Lol, and ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:20:48 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Probably a bad motherboard in the back WR55X10942
D. Hayes  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:33:20 PM(UTC)
D. Hayes

I was thinking maybe control board but not sure. Fridge relay clicking almost continually now but seems to be keeping right temp even though overhead display not working. I haven't seen the lower fan run at all so I have left a box fan blowing across compressor for now. Do you think just replacing relay would work or is the board all messed up since the fan doesn't seem to run and the display not working?
scott5495  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:25:58 PM(UTC)
scott5495

replace the board
richappy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:19:05 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the condensing fan is not turning, best to replace it's motor at the same time.
scott5495  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2013 3:40:39 AM(UTC)
scott5495

99.9 percent sure that the board will be all of your problem. the board controls everything. the fan runs on 12v dc current. the board has the transformer to change from 120 ac to 12v dc. i carry 3 on my truck. this board can cause a number of problems from dispenser to compressor to all fans. try the board first
skysteve  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:13:56 PM(UTC)
skysteve

you were right, I put a new board in, $185.00 but it fixed the fridge freezer, many thanks:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply