Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<91011
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stan2841  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:18:27 PM(UTC)
stan2841

Groups: Registered

Thanks guys, this forum has been a life saver. I replaced my blower motor and the dryer appears to be working now. I bought replacement transistors for the old motor and they arrived today.

I want to repair the old blower motor and keep it as a spare, so I replaced the transistor. I tested the old transistor and it tests good. My question is the following: Is it possible that the transistor tests good at room temperatures, but fails when the motor is in the dryer and it is hot?
Jvg  
#102 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:22:40 AM(UTC)
Jvg

Thanks to the forum and members participating. I also benefited with the insight on the blower motor repair. About 2.5 hours to complete repair probably .5 hour of that dedicated to to a thorough cleaning of the dryer interior. Was tempted to go the transistor route but couldn't afford the downtime and risk associated with my electronics repair skills. Tempted to try it and have a backup motor like some others. Thanks again to all.
jfisher446  
#103 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 4:54:08 PM(UTC)
jfisher446

First time replying, but just completed my second repair. Dryer showed same symptoms about 2 years ago so I followed the amazing (and since, updated) advice of all the folks in this thread.
The first repair was a tear-down and replacement of the Q1. Everything was put back together and it ran like a champ for about a 18 months worth of regular use.
It's now showing the same signs. I followed the updated advice to just break it down and "reform the wave washer"* while ensuring the blower motor housing is attached as firmly as possible. Afterwards, I put everything back together without replacing the Q1 and she started right up, blowing hot like a champ.

I timed my total hands-on time working at a leisurely pace to be just under 1.5 hours. I had the detailed instructions on a tablet and used small cups to hold each set of screws, minding the order. Including time to re-check some of these posts, it took just shy of 2 hours. It's a very simple fix that anyone should be able to accomplish using the awesome instructions of those that came before me. My thanks to all of you for nailing this issue.

Good luck!

*I wasn't clear on what this meant until I saw the actual washer and I simply (carefully/slowly) bent it to exaggerate the curves that have likely worn down.
wscott23  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 2:39:37 AM(UTC)
wscott23

I have the same dryer with the same problem, so this post helped me a lot.

I did order the transistor from Mouser and swapped the one of the board, but it didn't fix the problem. The fan would run for 10-15 minutes and then stop.

So I ended up just buying a new motor, and I _think_ it fixed my problems.

Word of warning, I ended up being VERY good at taking this dry apart because I couldn't manage to put everything together without messing something up.

• Did you plug in the motor?
  • Is the drum belt back on correctly?
  • Did you plug the door sensor back in again?

Go slow and make sure everything is back together.

Does anyone want to buy my old motor? Or a spare transistor?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply