Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
markusl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:37:35 AM(UTC)
markusl

Groups: Registered

Hi,

For some time now the freezer temperature seems to be too high to keep ice cream frozen, so I checked the temperature and it is at about 28-30 degrees. The fridge is at about 44 degrees.

Fans and compressor are going all the time. The damper from the freezer section to the fridge section is open all the time. The compressor seems to go only very lightly - I can hear it run, but not loud and only when I am close to it.

Both the inside fan and the fan in the back by the coil are working.

The inside coil in the freezer is not frosted up - looks clean and almost new. There is a little bit of frost on the bottom only pipe.

I opened the back panel behind the compressor, and there seems to be a bit of oil on the pipe that goes to the outside coil (see picture). Also, there seems to be some oil in the metal pan below the compressor. The outside coil does not seem to get hot.

I am attaching pictures of that oil problem as well as of the control board (which looks like new to me).

Does this look like I might have a shot compressor? The fridge is about 7 years old.

Thanks for your help!

- Markus
markusl attached the following image(s):
compressor.jpg
board.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.