Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tidbitnh  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2012 4:35:24 AM(UTC)
Tidbitnh

Groups: Registered

I have, from what I gather, a common problem with some Whirlpool dishwashers. The dreaded flashing clean light(7x). This had occurred occasionally over the past year or two but would go away after using the reset button sequence. Lately, it has come back with a vengeance. Now, it occurs with every wash. To give a little more detail, the machine runs for a while, then stops in the middle of the cycle. I reset it and it then runs the rest of the cycle.

So, I pulled the unit and proceeded to check some things on the bottom of the unit. The thermistor reading was 41.8K ohms @ about 80 degrees. The Hi-Limit thermostat read 0 ohms. The heater read about 10.9 ohms.

The thermistor is slightly out of spec. It is supposed to be 48k-52K @ 77 deg. The heater is at the bottom of the the 10-35 ohm range.

Question 1. If these parts are OK, and I will have to look elsewhere to correct the issue like the control panel or door latch, would you replace any of them now to avoid having to remove the washer later for service? The thermistor isn't cheap but the heater is only about $24. Unit is 7-8 years old.

Question 2. Where to next? I am halfway into the door latch and control area. I was intending to try to check the micro-switches, if I could. Think I am on the right track?

Thanks for any help. Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2012 3:02:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Bob,

The Clean LED blinking 7 times means the control senses a fault in the temperature rise during the heating cycle. The heating circuit consists of the heater, the high limit thermostat and the control board. The temperature controls by the thermistor. The door latch nor the door switches are involved in the heating process.

All parts you tested are good. So, the only control board left on the list.

- The control board Part number: 8564546
Tidbitnh  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 3:17:07 AM(UTC)
Tidbitnh

Groups: Registered

Much appreciated Gene. Got my control board from you guys on Saturday, installed on Sunday and it is up and running. Ran it through 3 washes and it is running perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Bob

PS I got my order in around 3:45 Friday afternoon and had it in hand late in the day on Saturday. I am impressed!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 12:03:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome Bob. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
P.S. The best thing about APP is the way how they taking care of their customers.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply