Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<7891011>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ctcohen  
#81 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 2:23:59 PM(UTC)
ctcohen

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene and thanks for the reply.

After I posted i realized that my voltmeter was acting up and that I did indeed have power to the icemaker module. So with the optics LED testing OK, but no movement when jumpering the module to cycle I felt pretty confident I had a defective module, one is on order.

Terry
Gene  
#82 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 6:24:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Terry,

Did you check for 120 VAC between the "L" & "N" test points? If there is no proper voltage then the problem can be a bad in line fuse in the black ice maker wire harness wire.

Gene.
ctcohen  
#83 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 7:32:10 PM(UTC)
ctcohen

Hi Again Gene

the black wire has continuity, so I think the harness is fine.

Terry
Gail Marie  
#84 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:34:12 AM(UTC)
Gail Marie

If the red light stays red does that mean it needs to be replaced?
Kewoldt  
#85 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2011 7:07:16 PM(UTC)
Kewoldt

Originally Posted by: markz404 Go to Quoted Post
After replacing the dual water valve, I noticed that my infered light was not working with the door closed. All troubleshooting guides told me to replace both reciever and emmiter. After replacing both boards I still have no infered beam.

KitchenAid side by side icemaker stopped working. Replaced filter, water runs thru the chilled water dispenser, but water is not going into the ice cube tray...the red LED light is blinking--have turned it off and on, but it continues to blink and no ice is produced Model is KSC525INSS01. Have tried the troubleshooting tips in the manual, but nothing seems to be working.
Gene  
#86 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2011 8:47:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Have you tried the troubleshooting described on the first page of this thread?

Gene.
Eds 3rd  
#87 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:16:36 AM(UTC)
Eds 3rd

I have a KitchenAid side by side fridge (KSRP25FNSS00) with an inoperative ice make and was hoping to get some help (unit is a little over 4 years old). The LED on ice maker control (where the on/off switch is located) was initially "blinking" twice followed by a pause after the emitter door was manually held closed (kept my hand out of the way to not block the beam pathway). Since it has been awhile since changing the water filter, I changed it last night to no avail (still inop). Cycled the on/off swith many times and even unplugged the fridge for a while to reset everything; still not working. Now the LED light doesn't come on at all. Also, I tried to add water to the ice maker tray to see if it would empty into the door container but no movement at all from the ice maker (it's very hard to see where the ice tray actually is when attempting to pour water in). Any help is appreciated.
Gene  
#88 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:44:43 AM(UTC)
Gene

Sounds like the problem is a bad optic boards (#26 & #38 on the diagram).

- The optic board kit Part number: AP3137510
Eds 3rd  
#89 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 7:43:51 AM(UTC)
Eds 3rd

Hello,
I'm the guy that posted about the inoperative icemaker on KitchenAid Model # KSRP25FNSS00 above. I changed the optics kit per Gene's suggestion but the unit still does not produce ice.

I troubleshot using the Job Aid for the In-Door Ice System and the optics test was good, jumpered the motor and that checked good, inspected fill tube for ice (used a hairdryer and even inserted a looped piece of wire and found no obstruction).

It appears as if the problem is there is no water fill into the ice maker so I'm thinking it may be a defective water valve, but wanted to first check with you before I order another part on a hunch (the water dispenser in the door works fine but the ice maker gets no water -- what are your thoughts)?

To further troubleshoot the water valve, can I simply "swap" the electrical connectors (after unplugging), then re-power up and depress the door water dispenser to see if the ice tray fills? I'm thinking this should enable me to see if the valve that send water to the ice maker is in-fact stuck closed or if it works I would think it's another electrical part (not sure where to go if it still doesn't work)? Any suggestions as well as the training guide (pdf manual) to troubleshoot and replace the water valve is appreciated.

One final question: I inspected the water valve to make sure the electrical connectors were proroperly installed and both were good. However, I was looking at how to disconnect the water lines and couldn't figure it out. My valve is blue plastic and has a black collar on each line. Am I to depress these black collars to disengage the lines? Again, any assistance you can provide is much appreciated.
Gene  
#90 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 2:36:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Eds 3rd Go to Quoted Post
...jumpered the motor and that checked good...

...To further troubleshoot the water valve, can I simply "swap" the electrical connectors (after unplugging), then re-power up and depress the door water dispenser to see if the ice tray fills?...

Did the ice maker fill with water when you bypassed "T" & "H" test points?

Yes, this test will show you if the water valve is bad. Post the results.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply