Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rock304  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 8:40:40 AM(UTC)
rock304

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone

I am trying to check the thermostat behind the kickplate for continuity,but I cannot for the life of me remove the solderless connectors from the TS--there are 2 thinks that could be the TS too one had red and yellow wires going to it with a black and an opaque connector and the other has gray and brown with 2 opaque connectors in a cylinder type shape i cannot remove these either--I am thinking red and yellow --for no particular reason except that on the exploded view it is on the right side # 15

the problem is that the timer runs with the door closed and cannot be turned off in any posdition [tick tick tick] it does not advance and if I advance it manually nothing happens

part Part Details - WHIRLPOOL L149 limit thermostat, part number: AP4113263
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 9:17:38 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rock304 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone

I am trying to check the thermostat behind the kickplate for continuity,but I cannot for the life of me remove the solderless connectors from the TS--there are 2 thinks that could be the TS too one had red and yellow wires going to it with a black and an opaque connector and the other has gray and brown with 2 opaque connectors in a cylinder type shape i cannot remove these either--I am thinking red and yellow --for no particular reason except that on the exploded view it is on the right side # 15

the problem is that the timer runs with the door closed and cannot be turned off in any posdition [tick tick tick] it does not advance and if I advance it manually nothing happens

part Part Details - WHIRLPOOL L149 limit thermostat, part number: AP4113263

Rock,
The thermostats are the least likely problem,
but,
The thermostat on the right side with the Red and Yellow wires attached is the high limit switch, and opens at 150 dgrs. if there is a run away heat failure.

Part number: AP4113263
Part number: AP4113263

The thermostat near the center, with the Gray and Brown wires attached, is the Temp boost thermostat, it is only "active" when the temp boost selection is made at the control panel.

Part number: AP4110789
Part number: AP4110789

A quick check, would be to de select the temp boost selection and run a short wash cycle, if the machine does not stall and advances to off, your thermostats are OK, and you'll most likely need a timer.

Part number: AP4008749
Part number: AP4008749

The thermostats are mounted to the bottom of the tub, by spring loaded clips, holding the thermostat surface agains the bottom of the tub, and can be easily removed,Then youcan use a small blade screwdriver to pry the wire terminals off the thermostat terminals, if necessary.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply