Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jessicasdd  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 3:19:03 PM(UTC)
Jessicasdd

Groups: Registered

I don't know the model number of the microwave because I can't find it anywhere on the microwave. The microwave is mounted on the wall and the model number may be on the back side. I also don't know how old the microwave is as it was here when I bought the house 4 years ago. I have never used it because I had a countertop microwave and this one made a whistling sound when plugged in.

When I plug the microwave in after about 1 - 2 minutes it starts to make a whistling sound. So I took the panel off the front to see what was making the whistle sound and its a round, blue, plastic speaker mounted to the circuit board. It you tap it it gets louder or quieter or whistles clear or whistles staticky.

The reason I am looking at this now is because my other microwave is not repairable and can't be used. After being on for about 20 seconds it makes this buzzing sound and a bluish green light flashes from about where the megnatron is located. GE told me the microwave is garbage. I can't really afford to replace it right now so thought I would see if this one on the wall is easily fixable.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.