Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dieselgg  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:04:44 PM(UTC)
dieselgg

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I did no take a peek yet at the model # for now due to the access. But on the washing machine the labels are 'Kitched-Aid SuperBa SureCare 3 Speed Whisper Quiet'. It is a Cdn model anyways, so it may not be identifiable in this forum. I can't remember when my folks bought it, but I would say it is about 5+ years old.

Basically, it works fine during the wash cycle, but during rinse, the tub will not spin. I hear the motor working but when I lift the lid, the tub has not moved at all.

I checked the balance and it looks good from left - right and front to back. Another observation is that looking down at the tub, the outer-rim seems off centre from the opening (where the lid rests). I can move the tub in all directions, I don't know if this is normal or it should be more rigid?

I have checked the symptom flow chart and many causes are listed but I would rather have someone suggest a more probable cause and solution.

- water level switch?
- motor coupler?

Regards,
Gus
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:04:19 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Did the washer actually agitate? Try to get the model number that realy helps.
nat
dieselgg  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:18:40 PM(UTC)
dieselgg

It does agitate and everything else works normally during the wash cycle. During rinse, motor seems to be working and I can hear the water being pumped but no spin. When I open the lid, motor stops and pump stops. I am having a tough time locating the model #. It may be inside the cabinet. I will have to and find it tomorrow.

Thanks for replying.
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:18:58 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Raise the lid about 3/4 way and look on the washer itsef under the hinge area for the model number.
Nat
dieselgg  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 1:16:11 PM(UTC)
dieselgg

I found the model #, it is YKAWE777BW1. The model # was covered under soap grime.
libertyappl  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 1:20:54 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Does the water drain out?
dieselgg  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 1:24:08 PM(UTC)
dieselgg

Yes, I do hear the water drain out.I could be mistaken about the agitation cycle. Perhaps, I should confirm.
libertyappl  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 1:27:34 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

The I am going to say check the clutch, it may be slipping during the spin cycle or the brake may be locked up.
Nat
dieselgg  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 1:33:56 PM(UTC)
dieselgg

Originally Posted by: libertyappl Go to Quoted Post
The I am going to say check the clutch, it may be slipping during the spin cycle or the brake may be locked up.
Nat

Nat,

If it is the clutch or the brakes is this based on the scenario that it works fine during wash (agitation) and not working during rinse (spin).

Are there links on this site for checking the clutch or brake. I assume it will have to involve removing the transmission. I am only familiar with removing the motor to gain access to the coupler.

Otherwise, if it does not work in both situations, do I assume then that it is the coupler.
dieselgg  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 2:27:31 PM(UTC)
dieselgg

I jumpered the lid switch, and then hit the control knob in rinse/spin cycle. Water came out but I did not see the shiny disc spin (I think it is the clutch), which sits on top of the transmission where the shaft comes out.

I also tested the lid switch for continuity and it works fine. I can also confirm that it does agitate during wash but no spinning of the tub during rinse. I saw the clutch (or metal disc) rock back and forth.

What are the chances that tabs on the coupler is worn out for the spin not to work but just enough play for the agitate to work?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply