Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Valley  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:59:23 PM(UTC)
Valley

Groups: Registered

I am concidering buying a Matag Neptune MDF9700AYM. Does this model have any bad or good things I should know about? I would appriciate any information you can give. Thankyou
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 4:37:32 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: Valley Go to Quoted Post
I am concidering buying a Matag Neptune MDF9700AYM. Does this model have any bad or good things I should know about? I would appriciate any information you can give. Thankyou

I would not buy it in a million years!!!!!!! Why don't nyou check out a Fisher and Paykel washer. It is a top loader, and spin at a high spin speed, and uses less soap, and less water. It is less complicated, and has way less problems. I have been servicing appliances for 30 years, and I have a Fisher&Paykel. Call Lowes and see if they have them, and check it out. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
Valley  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 8:02:53 AM(UTC)
Valley

Tom, Thanks for taking the time to reply. The machines I was refering to were a pair, washer and dryer, the price is $350. Are you saying these are prone to break downs and are difficult to repair? Seems the wife is thinking about a front load. The machines we have are working. There is no rush. Thankyou Richard
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:12:32 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Tom, Thanks for taking the time to reply. The machines I was refering to were a pair, washer and dryer, the price is $350. Are you saying these are prone to break downs and are difficult to repair? Seems the wife is thinking about a front load. The machines we have are working. There is no rush. Thankyou Richard

So these are obviously used. The dryer would be fine, but the washer has had board problems, pump problems, and you would have no idea, how many boot seals I have put on the door. If she is that dead set on a front loader, get a whirlpool. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Valley  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:31:32 PM(UTC)
Valley

That is exactly what I wanted to know. I won't touch them.
What she does want is a machine that is energy and water efficient, she just told me it doesn't have to be a front load. Thankyou Richard
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:20:43 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

That is exactly what I wanted to know. I won't touch them.
What she does want is a machine that is energy and water efficient, she just told me it doesn't have to be a front load. Thankyou Richard

Click on this link, it will take you to the Fisher&Paykel website. When you get there, click on the washer, and it will give you the spec, also click on the dryer, it will give you the spec also.
The washer is an energy saver. It uses less water, less soap, and spins at a high spin speed of 1000rpms. So when the clothes come out, they are just about dry. So you will have less dry time, so you can save energy. If you get the dryer, get the top load dryer. It is huge, an awesome. Tom ApplianceEducator.com Creative Living - Fisher & Paykel Appliances
Valley  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:28:49 AM(UTC)
Valley

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Click on this link, it will take you to the Fisher&Paykel website. When you get there, click on the washer, and it will give you the spec, also click on the dryer, it will give you the spec also.
The washer is an energy saver. It uses less water, less soap, and spins at a high spin speed of 1000rpms. So when the clothes come out, they are just about dry. So you will have less dry time, so you can save energy. If you get the dryer, get the top load dryer. It is huge, an awesome. Tom ApplianceEducator.com Creative Living - Fisher & Paykel Appliances

Tom, I'll check them out, I have never strayed from Whirlpool or Kenmore where the parts were interchangeable.
A friend was visiting from the UK, she, wanting to do something nice, printed out from the internet a LG front load washer and gave wifey the money to buy it. This started the quest. Our Whirlpool pair are working well tho wifey does complain about drying time.
I checked out Lg and found they could be a pain.
Here, on this forum I asked about a paritcular product you gave me the exact feedback I wanted:" Don't buy it, its a problem and here's why!"
Thankyou Richard
kayakcrzy  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:44:47 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Tom, I'll check them out, I have never strayed from Whirlpool or Kenmore where the parts were interchangeable.
A friend was visiting from the UK, she, wanting to do something nice, printed out from the internet a LG front load washer and gave wifey the money to buy it. This started the quest. Our Whirlpool pair are working well tho wifey does complain about drying time.
I checked out Lg and found they could be a pain.
Here, on this forum I asked about a paritcular product you gave me the exact feedback I wanted:" Don't buy it, its a problem and here's why!"
Thankyou Richard

glad to help!!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
tinktank99  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:54:30 AM(UTC)
tinktank99

whirlpool now owns maytag. but fisher paykle.....hard to find repair companies who will fix it! u can't have efficiency and durability....so u get a efficient one that breaks down and is expensive to repair (front loaders) or u get a durable one (top loader) that will last u much longer and u can fix it yourself! i would still stick with a whirlpool, kenmore, estate, roper, kitchenaid or now a maytag...but make sure whirlpool actually made it and not just paid some company to put their name on it. fyi: the government is making the manufactures go to ALL front loads....so my advice is get a top loader before you can't buy one any more! good luck!
Valley  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:17:14 AM(UTC)
Valley

I'm surprised that whirlpool would have another company make a produce with their name on it. How can you tell if whirlpool made a machine, by the serial #?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply