Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dontno2much  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:14:29 AM(UTC)
dontno2much

Groups: Registered

Suddenly, I am not getting any buttons to respond on my Whirlpool Duet (model GHW9100LW2) control panel. This is not an intermittent problem...it just quit.

A repairman made a service call, was here for 10 minutes, and wants to charge $316 for a "key pad assembly". I'm not sure I trust the diagnosis, because he never removed the faceplate. He only checked to make sure the plug to the wall was working.

$316 is way more than I can afford...can anyone help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:16:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dontno2much Go to Quoted Post
Suddenly, I am not getting any buttons to respond on my Whirlpool Duet (model GHW9100LW2) control panel. This is not an intermittent problem...it just quit.

A repairman made a service call, was here for 10 minutes, and wants to charge $316 for a "key pad assembly". I'm not sure I trust the diagnosis, because he never removed the faceplate. He only checked to make sure the plug to the wall was working.

$316 is way more than I can afford...can anyone help?

Did he say control panel or user interface control ?

I presume he did not bother to check the user interface harness between the central control board(main board) and the user interface board(inside the control panel).

Or the door switch circuits and wires to the central control board ?

As you can see by my questions, there are several elaborate components involved in just starting this machine, let a lone when it is cycling through a selection.

My best guess at this point is, you have a loose harness or a inoperative user interface control.

Part number: AP3129636

You may want to have him return and run the circuits and tests per the technical data sheet in the top of the unit.
dontno2much  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:34:01 AM(UTC)
dontno2much

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Did he say control panel or user interface control ?

I presume he did not bother to check the user interface harness between the central control board(main board) and the user interface board(inside the control panel).

Or the door switch circuits and wires to the central control board ?

As you can see by my questions, there are several elaborate components involved in just starting this machine, let a lone when it is cycling through a selection.

My best guess at this point is, you have a loose harness or a inoperative user interface control.

You may want to have him return and run the circuits and tests per the technical data sheet in the top of the unit.

He actually called it a "key pad assembly". We would like to try to fix it ourselves since we have lost all confidence in the repair man. Where should we start troubleshooting?
dontno2much  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:55:18 AM(UTC)
dontno2much

Regarding post on 07/27/2010

Joe,
He actually called it a "key pad assembly".
We would like to try to fix it ourselves since we have lost all confidence in the repair man. Where should we start troubleshooting?

dontno2much  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:00:11 AM(UTC)
dontno2much

Regarding post on 07/27/2010

Joe,
He actually called it a "key pad assembly".
We would like to try to fix it ourselves since we have lost all confidence in the repair man. Where should we start troubleshooting?
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:34:57 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

He actually called it a "key pad assembly". We would like to try to fix it ourselves since we have lost all confidence in the repair man. Where should we start troubleshooting?

I can understand your reluctance to call him back.

The part that I attached to my reply is the part to start with(User Interface),if you need a part at all.

As I mentioned , you may have a loose connection at the central control board from the user interface. Check or try that first.

I have attached a web sight that will give you access to the service manual (service pointers) and wiring and technical information(tech sheets wiring diagrams). this could be handy while working on the unit.

http://servicematters.com/docs/doc_main.htm
richappy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:54:55 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does the display show anything, should display washer run time when you hit the power, then start button.
cheddardip  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 12:37:06 AM(UTC)
cheddardip

have you resolved this? I'm having the same issue. I've had the ccu test and that semms to be ok
Ramirez  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:55:37 AM(UTC)
Ramirez

I'm having the same problem. Washer does not do anything. My wife said that it happened when she started washing towels and the only thing that happened - washer got filled with water, after that nothing happened. There was an error code, but she dose not remember it completely "F somthing". Now there's no code the only light on is "control lock"
Help please
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:29:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Ramirez Go to Quoted Post
I'm having the same problem. Washer does not do anything. My wife said that it happened when she started washing towels and the only thing that happened - washer got filled with water, after that nothing happened. There was an error code, but she dose not remember it completely "F somthing". Now there's no code the only light on is "control lock"
Help please

Ramirez,

Did you attempt to unlock the control ?

Locking controls
The Control Lock prevents unintended use of the washer. You
can also use the control lock feature to prevent unintended cycle
or option changes during a cycle. When CONTROL LOCKED is
lit, all buttons are disabled except for PAUSE/CANCEL and
START. You can lock the controls while the washer is operating.

To lock the controls

Select and hold END OF CYCLE SIGNAL for 3 seconds.
The CONTROL LOCKED status light glows.

To unlock the controls

Select and hold END OF CYCLE SIGNAL for 3 seconds until the

CONTROL LOCKED status light turns off.

If you program the control, into the diagnostic, cycle test mode, the first thing to appear will be your diagnostic codes, write them down, so we have an idea of possible problems.

The control must be in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to start the test.

Starting the test mode

Close the door. Press the Control On button. Select the DRAIN/SPIN cycle.
Select NO SPIN by pressing the SPIN SELECT button, as needed. Push Prewash Option button four (4) times within five (5) seconds. C:00 will show in the display.

NOTE: If Model does not have PREWASH Mode as an option, press RINSE/HOLD.
If the Starting procedure fails, push PAUSE/CANCEL button. Then repeat the starting sequence.

Test Program Control during Execution

To advance to the next step of the test procedure, push Prewash Option button two (2) times.

If you cannot program the test mode, you'll need to consider a new User Interface, or a problem in one of the button mechanisms.

[AP3129636]

Thanks,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply