Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
benik9  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2009 7:35:04 AM(UTC)
benik9

Groups: Registered

[FONT=&quot]I hope someone will tell me what I need to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the below is a complaint I filed with a whirlpool service company after the repair. Basically the technician did not complete the repair, and even did some damage to the machine. He urged me to sign acceptance before doing the damage, so I cannot but think he had an intention. Fool I was to be so vulnerable. I thought he would finish his job, and requesting my acceptance beforehand was just for convenience... didn't even had the faintest idea of what's in the person's mind.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Since this report, I called them once and they said they will send someone at the end of next week. Another person called me and said the matter is sent to the technician manager. I didn't get an email response on my complaint submitted to their website, other than an auto-response.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm worried whether they are assessing the situation and if convinced they can get away with it, change their words.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Should I stop payment of my check? People at my work tell me to do so. Will they take me to court for stopping the payment?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What remedies would I have if the washer begins to squeak or knock after some time as the result of his shaking? Is it likely? I don't have any proof. Should I just accept it as a bad luck?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](Please see drawing at bottom)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In case anyone wants to help, the company name is A&E Service Company.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Many lessons I learned personally, but I will never pay them by check in the future. (The person specifically requested so.) I know credit card companies at least can intervene to enforce some level of fairness in the transaction - with the personal check I seem to be on my own.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for reading.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]====[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I filed a complaint today over the phone, but wanted to describe my concern.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I had a direct drive pump replaced. The person, xxx, arrived after[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5pm. I removed the cover beforehand myself, following an instruction video. I thought the pump was the problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I showed him the faulty pump, he didn't do much of a diagnostics. He said it's pretty much the pump. And he added if his diagnostics is wrong, I can call you again and they will come for free.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He replaced the pump very quickly without using any tool. (In the video they used a tool to pull out the pump from the sleeve.) He spent about 5 minutes on the machine in total.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I asked him to put the cover back on the washer and asked whether he could level the machine. Then he asked that I sign the acceptance, so[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I did it. He asked to have it and I gave it to him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then I saw that he got angry, and he walked to the washer, held it by the back panel (the cover box is not put back), and shook it violently up and down a few times. I heard that the washer is a delicate machine with many sensors, so I am still appalled thinking what he did. I was hanging the control panel on top of the back panel, so I don't know whether the electronics and sensors is OK.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I left the washer as is.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Usually people are polite even when they say no, but I saw that he was very upset and went on to show it by manhandling the washer.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think he shook the washer by the back panel with the intention to punish me for asking to level the washer.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I asked him why he did that, he said he did it to level. This time he did it again rather gently saying if I lift up the washer and release it, it will self re-level.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This shaking was done with the cover removed, and with the tub hanging in the air and the control panel hung on the back panel. I can't believe I had to see it. Not from a service call by Whirlpool.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I realize he didn't even intend to check or prove to me that the washer is repaired.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He then said since I was the one who opened it, I should put it back.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Had he not manhandled the washer's back panel, and had he waited for me to put back the cover, as he said I'm responsible for it, and tested the washer OK, I would not be filing this complaint.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I originally requested that a different service person come and look at my problem, but thinking again, it doesn't give me any comfort since he might have done some damage to the machine. A water problem is the last thing I want and now I'll not be completely comfortable with that machine.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would like to have some level of assurance from your personnel that the machine runs OK, and the manhandling did not damage the internals of sensors and devices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]===[/FONT]
benik9 attached the following image(s):
washer-ane.jpg
dsc05182a.jpg
dsc05184a.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.