Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
an1sa2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:15:20 PM(UTC)
an1sa2

Groups: Registered

We bought this kenmore washer used but it looks in good shape,but all of the sudden it filled with water and aggitated but it wouldn't move on to the rinse cycle or spin.The water wouldn't drain out.I had to drain it by hand.I want to know if it's worth fixing and what might be wrong.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:22:43 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am not getting your model number to come up, but assuming this is a standard direct drive machine the first thing you want to check is the lid switch.

Here is a site which will show you how to access it and by pass it. If the machine drains and spins after you by-pass the lid switch, just replace the lid switch and you are back in business at very little cost and a good eduction about your machine.

Good luck

Kenmore top loader blues ‎(SublimeMasterJW's Appliance Advice)‎
an1sa2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 1:53:31 PM(UTC)
an1sa2

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I am not getting your model number to come up, but assuming this is a standard direct drive machine the first thing you want to check is the lid switch.

Here is a site which will show you how to access it and by pass it. If the machine drains and spins after you by-pass the lid switch, just replace the lid switch and you are back in business at very little cost and a good eduction about your machine.

Good luck

Kenmore top loader blues ‎(SublimeMasterJW's Appliance Advice)‎

the washer model number is 110.26912691.I can't get to the lid switch.I can't get the clips that hold onto the outside of the washer to budge.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 3:40:21 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, first by-pass the lid switch (you have taken the screws out of the control console and flipped it up per the pictures) by inserting a solid copper wire into the two outer holes on the part of the plastic switch coming from the console.

If your machine will now spin, you know it is the lid switch. Insert a flat blade screw driver into the depressed area on the clip that is attached to the cabinet and push back on the screw driver so that the blade comes forward and "pops" the clip out.

If it is not the lid switch, and your machine agitates it can be the timer. I worked on a machine today that did the same thing as your machine, and a contact arm was broken in the timer.

Let us know if you need more info.
an1sa2  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:36:05 PM(UTC)
an1sa2

I replaced the lid switch and now the washer is spinning,but the tub seems very loose.Did I put it back together wrong or is something else the matter.I had a hard time getting the metal frame back on the washer.I still think it isn't on right.Thanks for all the help.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:53:38 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

OK, good, you fixed the lid switch. Nice going getting your machine back in business.

By tub I assume you mean the cabinet. You probably did not get it back right. The first time doing this is a "rite of passage" everyone goes through. It just takes persistence and patience.

Take the console off again and flip out the clips holding the cabine and disconnect the lid switch. Pull back the cabinet and put it in correctly by making sure the front lip of the cabinet is all the way under the front brace of the cabinet. Then drop the cabinet so that the left and right panels fit onto the left and right lower parts of the frame. The plastic splines on the back of the washer will line up with the cabinet and the clips will then snap in. The cabinet will be tight.

This will take more than one attempt, just stay with it.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply