Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
moparfan77 Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:08:53 PM(UTC)

I have a good capacitor (940nF). Good transformer primary voltage. Bad diode (~16 Ohms either direction) - just ordered from your site.. Should I replace the diode first and test, or just go ahead and replace the magnatron as well?? Is there a way to test the magnatron independently (without specialized equipment)? I don't want to short another $35 diode to test.. Thanks in advance!
lrod Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 12:15:16 PM(UTC)

This is the same exact thing that is happening with my spacemaker. It's over 5 years old. Light works, turntable turns, digital clock works, except it won't heat. It doesn't sound like it used to, there is an extra humming sound, but I do remember the night before I was popping popcorn and it sounded like the microwave popped, like when you put something metallic in it. Next morning it wasn't working anymore. All I want to know is whether I should call me someone to fix it or get a new one? Can someone tell me what it cost them to fix, I won't be doing this myself I have to call someone in to do this.
traum Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 3:28:47 PM(UTC)

If anyone wants to sell off the turntable plate from one of these non workig microwaves I'll take it. I will probably wind up getting my no heater fixed, but I broke the plate. What a day...

spacesaver 1800XL

This website wants $50.00 for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
traum Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 3:18:39 PM(UTC)

model # could be JVM1870SK03

mine is from nov 06
traum Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 3:16:47 PM(UTC)

Seems I have the same microwave. Over the range spacemaker XL 1800.

Everything seems to work fine. Just will NOT heat. I used it last night and have seen no symptoms of problems. It just quit heating.

I had the humming noise too and GE replace something last year.

It cost $80 to have GE come out and look. I just called. Plus parts and labor.

How much could it wind up costing???
yorkc Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2008 8:07:06 AM(UTC)

Sounds like the type of microwave that I have. Sounds like the problems I'm having too. No heat, loud buzzing, everything else normal. Any insight as to where I should look for the model number on this thing? I've been all over it, and under panels with no luck. They're usually quite easy to find. Hope it's not on a data plate that may have come loose and subsequently lost. Thanks...
glen65 Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:48:46 PM(UTC)

Whats the make and model of your meter, and what
type of batteries does it take?
mikemisko Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:51:22 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: glen65 Go to Quoted Post
Chances are you didnt need the mag.
You need to check the various components
such as HV diode and capacitor before purchasing
any other parts. One of them may be shorted.

Thanks Glen--I have further INFO: Touch pad, turntable, fan, lights, all work but it will not heat. It loads up as if it were heating with a somewhat louder humming noise. I have replaced the Magnatron but with no results.(waveguide shows some discoloration from heat). With door closed i have 2 door switches with continuity and 1 without. All heat sensors appear to be working. I checked for continuity of the HV capasitor (two treminals)and got nothing. and on the HV Diode(does not appear to have been hot, nor blowing fuses) and got a reading of 16.6 BOTH ways. Can you suggest a cure? THANKS
glen65 Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:37:30 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mikemisko Go to Quoted Post
I have the same model and the same problem but with a somewhat louder humm than normal. I replaced the magnatrom with no results, no heating.
Can you advise further?

Chances are you didnt need the mag.
You need to check the various components
such as HV diode and capacitor before purchasing
any other parts. One of them may be shorted.
mikemisko Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:08:00 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: glen65 Go to Quoted Post
Whether it’s worth fixing will depend on what's actually
causing the problem you’re having with it. It would at least
be worth having it checked to determine the cause before
scrapping it. Does the display or interior light come on at all?
Or is the oven completely dead?

I have the same model and the same problem but with a somewhat louder humm than normal. I replaced the magnatrom with no results, no heating.
Can you advise further?