Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kjhume Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2018 2:30:21 PM(UTC)

Never had an issue with this DW in the past. 4 weeks ago it went dead, did the research and replaced the thermal fuse and associated wiring harness. Used a volt meter to confirm fuse was indeed blown and shorting across the fuse terminals energized the DW. So replaced and all was good until two weeks ago, same situation...no power and fuse was open just like first time.

I researched forums and found two possible issues....1) not replacing the entire wire harness (I did replace the entire harness) and 2) loose spade connectors to the heating element that drew excess current causing wires/connectors to melt. Well I looked over the entire harness and found 1) no loose spade type connectors and no evidence of over heating wires.

When the fuse blows about an inch of water is left in the bottom of the DW.

There was mention of running a diagnostic cycle for the DW....I can't find any details on HOW to do this.

What are the next steps suggestions to run down causes to this fuse to keep blowing? Thanks!!