Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
nmnunna32 Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2015 9:41:59 AM(UTC)

Same issue as the below. But I did not see any fix in that thread.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...orks-intermittently.html

Symptom:
Water remains in the tub after cycle completes. If CANCEL/DRAIN is pushed immediately after cycle completes, I hear the pump humming but no water comes out. If I wait couple of hours and then push CANCEL/DRAIN then water gets drained. I have observed that when the new cycle starts, the water gets pumped out first couple of times and then it fails pumping.

Things done so far:
Opened sump area and cleaned. Removed check valve (from inside the sump area, which looks like black rubber piece with round nickel size at the bottom) and replaced it. It is in good shape. I also vacuumed the sump area with a wet vacuum.

I am wondering what makes it to work intermittently? It looks like as though some overheat thermal device is getting activated and starts working after some time when it cools down.... Is there anything like that possible on this unit?!

I appreciate any help and ideas... I have seen people changing pump in this forum with no luck. Even in my case also I don't believe the pump is defective as it is working first couple of times in the cycle....