Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill1015  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 5:39:09 AM(UTC)
Bill1015

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher goes through wash cycle. At the end, water remains in the bottom. Push cancel/drain and hear the pump working but no water draining. Push drain/cancel 3-4 times a day. Hear pump but nothing draining. Then, all of a sudden, days later, push drain/cancel and machine drains perfectly. If I start new wash cycle, get back to the beginning--will not drain and go through the process again. Cleaned out everything, no clogs, it's spotless. Put in a new drain pump. Machine worked for a week but then reverted to not draining. Bought another drain pump but asking if I am missing the real problem Thanks Bill
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

masterquinn  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 10:53:20 AM(UTC)
masterquinn

it sounds to me like your drain pump may be siphoning. is the drain line looped up at least a foot or two above the pump? if not, that may well be your problem. that line needs to be elevated.
masterquinn  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 11:09:32 AM(UTC)
masterquinn

also, if your drain line is hooked up to a garbage disposal, you need to (carefully) make sure the disposal is clear and run it to make sure it isn't clogged.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 7:14:35 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Check the air vent at the sink if you have one and clean the food out.
Bill1015  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 7:30:34 PM(UTC)
Bill1015

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
Check the air vent at the sink if you have one and clean the food out.

Thank you. I don't have an air vent at the top of the sink. Also, I have cleaned out everything and do I ever mean cleaned out. Scrubbed till my fingers were bare, as they say. Every piece of gook anywhere is gone. Tried raising the hose even more. Water emptied out at start of cycle and then poof back to square one. Frustrated. May try having a Scotch
Bill1015  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 7:38:14 PM(UTC)
Bill1015

Originally Posted by: masterquinn Go to Quoted Post
also, if your drain line is hooked up to a garbage disposal, you need to (carefully) make sure the disposal is clear and run it to make sure it isn't clogged.

Thank you. Line was elevated but I raised it even more. Had previously taken the machine out and cleaned everything within an inch of its life, every hose removed and so on. Had unplugged the disposal and cleaned that out also. No gook anyplace. After raising hose higher, turned machine to a wash cycle. Machined drained completely before starting cycle but poof then went back to square one. Very frustrating
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply