Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Save Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
DarkestHonor Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:19:18 AM(UTC)

:( :confused: 2 months ago a police chase ended in the back of my house bashing in my back door -prior to that the washer worked fine - it was in direct line of the impact - NOW it will not spin the clothes out all the way
model # MAH4000AWQ
DarkestHonor Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:18:44 AM(UTC)

2 months ago a police chase ended in the back of my house bashing in my back door -prior to that the washer worked fine - it was in direct line of the impact - NOW it will not spin the clothes out all the way
model # MAH4000AWQ
sidfink43 Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:41:10 PM(UTC)

Good luck, hope that works and if so it is one of the more innovative solutions we have seen.
jsegura525 Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:28:59 AM(UTC)

Hello sidfink43,
I replaced the wax motor (door lock) but problem seemed to
continue so I placed a nickle between the switch and the
button it pushes when fully extended and this helps to engage
that door lock switch.
I has been working well for a week now.

Thanks for all your advice....see a nickel still does go a long way.

Cheers,
Joseph Segura
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2015 1:26:04 PM(UTC)

No, doesn't sound like the wax motor is a problem on the door switch.

Okay, at this point my suggestion is that you start doing what the pro's at Maytag (now Whirlpool) do with models like this. Start changing out parts until you get it fixed. (they have no idea how to fix complicated models, they just substitute parts until they get a combination that works, then charge the customer)

The good news, if you buy them from this site and they do not fix the problem or are not needed you can return them. You could try the main control board and the water level switch and the balance switch. And of course if you have not changed out the door lock go ahead and do that, you don't won't to get it all fixed and then blow out the main board.

Good luck, we all admire your persistence here.
jsegura525 Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2015 1:17:59 PM(UTC)

Hello sidfink43, Back to the drawing board. This morning a medium load did not spin after the wash and rince. I pulled the control board and the R-11 and Q-6 on the board seem fine, no burn marks and all looks good.
I ran a load with the top open so that I could watch the door lock motor/wax motor work. The door did not lock at all during the wash/rinse. I tried everything to get the door lock to work, but no luck. At one point I pushed the door lock into place and it stayed, but the drum did not go into spin mode. I cannot figure out why it spins some days/washes and not at other times. Is there a second load balance switch somewhere else besides the one that I have jumpered that is located at the the 1 o'clock position on the drum? That switch might be stuck.

Any other advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joseph
jsegura525 Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2015 1:17:19 PM(UTC)

Hello sidfink43,

This is driving me more nutz than I thought I was.

Did four loads this morning.

1) Large load, door DID NOT lock or spin fast.
2) Small load, worked perfectly...door locked with lock light on during spin.
3) Medium load, worked perfectly...door locked with lock light on during spin.
4) Medium load, worked perfectly...door locked with lock light on during spin.

Since the door is locking sometimes does that rule out the control board
as being burned?
Any idea what is causing this...maybe the large/heavy load is causing some
problem with some switch somewhere?

Thanks, Joseph
jsegura525 Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2015 1:13:25 PM(UTC)

Hello sidfink43, Back to the drawing board. This morning a medium load did not spin after the wash and rince. I pulled the control board and the R-11 and Q-6 on the board seem fine, no burn marks and all looks good.
I ran a load with the top open so that I could watch the door lock motor/wax motor work. The door did not lock at all during the wash/rinse. I tried everything to get the door lock to work, but no luck. At one point I pushed the door lock into place and it stayed, but the drum did not go into spin mode. I cannot figure out why it spins some days/washes and not at other times. Is there a second load balance switch somewhere else besides the one that I have jumpered that is located at the the 1 o'clock position on the drum? That switch might be stuck.

Any other advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joseph
jsegura525 Posted: Saturday, January 3, 2015 12:07:28 PM(UTC)

Hello sidfink43,

This is driving me more nutz than I thought I was.

Did four loads this morning.

1) Large load, door DID NOT lock or spin fast.
2) Small load, worked perfectly...door locked with lock light on during spin.
3) Medium load, worked perfectly...door locked with lock light on during spin.
4) Medium load, worked perfectly...door locked with lock light on during spin.

Since the door is locking sometimes does that rule out the control board
as being burned?
Any idea what is causing this...maybe the large/heavy load is causing some
problem with some switch somewhere?

Thanks, Joseph
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, January 3, 2015 9:49:39 AM(UTC)

Take a look at the control board. If you see a burned out resistor then the wax motor door lock has failed and that pretty much means the end of the machine as it is not economical to repair it.