Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tool-tim Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:42:13 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Derswick Go to Quoted Post
The bake element of my Maytag oven burnt out. I have replaced the element with a new one and now the new one will not heat up. Everything else seems to be working. Broil, stove top, clock, timer ect.

Hi- thought I'd offver my experience that fixed my Maytag double oven for free. (well after $35.00 for a element I didn't need.)

My lower bake element would not heat up, with AC meter I noticed only 120 VAC on one of the leads to the elements, the other lead was 0 VAC, I removed the back of the unit. (yes I did this after I ordered the element) :( I traced each wire looking for burn or break, through the high limit SW and on up to the back of the main display/circuit board, using the schematic I found on this site, quite easy. I noticed the dead lead connecting to a black 1 and half inch SQ box-looking relay which was soldered onto the main circuit board, (on on the far left of several others). With the meter on the dead wire & ground I pressed on the relay gently pushing left to right- BAM the dead lead to burner came alive. I pulled the main power, straighented each metal stand-off the circuit board is mounted on, then raised the board with all wires still connected. On back side of board was a cold solder joint, and simply heating up then dabbing on new solder fixed the problem, still working fine.

Sorry for the length of this but it was a easy free fix. Tool-Tim
Derswick Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 2:26:52 PM(UTC)

The bake element of my Maytag oven burnt out. I have replaced the element with a new one and now the new one will not heat up. Everything else seems to be working. Broil, stove top, clock, timer ect.