Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
willieb Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 6:14:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: scott5495 Go to Quoted Post
to access the spark module, remove grates and burner caps. there will be what looks to be brass nuts on each burner. these are venturies that guide the gas up to the unit. these can be hard to remove, but they all have to be removed. once this is complete, remove the knobs and carefully raise the cooktop. there is a light that slides off the indicator lens at the switches. once the top is up you will see the spark module. there are two blue boxes, 1 is the spark module and the other is the spark reignitor. in addition to the spark module there are 2 printed circuit swithces on your gas valve that operate the extra low units. also there are two coils that open and close as these switches operate. if i had more info about the problem i could help you track it down.

Thanks so much. The unit has 5 burners. None of them spark, so I am assuming that the spark module is a gonna?
Thanks again.
scott5495 Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 4:57:20 PM(UTC)

to access the spark module, remove grates and burner caps. there will be what looks to be brass nuts on each burner. these are venturies that guide the gas up to the unit. these can be hard to remove, but they all have to be removed. once this is complete, remove the knobs and carefully raise the cooktop. there is a light that slides off the indicator lens at the switches. once the top is up you will see the spark module. there are two blue boxes, 1 is the spark module and the other is the spark reignitor. in addition to the spark module there are 2 printed circuit swithces on your gas valve that operate the extra low units. also there are two coils that open and close as these switches operate. if i had more info about the problem i could help you track it down.
willieb Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 3:30:10 PM(UTC)

Can anyone give me instructions as to how to get at the spark module on my gas cooktop? I am reasonably handy but don't even know if I need to remove the unit from the counter in order to work on it.

Thanks! :)