Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CapeCoddah Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:56:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Parts for Amana ABL1922FES - AppliancePartsPros.com

Your model number seems to be missing the last digit when it comes to getting a tech sheet. The following is for a FES3 but may also apply to other units in the series.
See the attachment.

Try forcing a defrost.
If the defrost heater comes on then I would replace the board.

the defrost thermostat can be checked by holding it's metal faceonto an ice cube to get it into a frozen stat.
Also if it is deformed/bulged, replace it even if it measures OK.

Thank you, denman! I've printed and saved the .pdf you sent, and will try forcing a defrost. Also, the sheet gives the protocol for checking the defrost thermostat using the keypad; I'll try that too.
denman Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:15:05 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Amana ABL1922FES - AppliancePartsPros.com

Your model number seems to be missing the last digit when it comes to getting a tech sheet. The following is for a FES3 but may also apply to other units in the series.
See the attachment.

Try forcing a defrost.
If the defrost heater comes on then I would replace the board.

the defrost thermostat can be checked by holding it's metal faceonto an ice cube to get it into a frozen stat.
Also if it is deformed/bulged, replace it even if it measures OK.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
CapeCoddah Posted: Monday, April 8, 2013 10:37:59 AM(UTC)

The customer's complaint was warm fridge, cold freezer (this is a bottom-freezer model, with icemaker. It has digital touch controls located in the French-door refrigerator section). I jumped to conclusions and replaced the motorized damper which regulates fridge temperature in this model; I then discovered that the evaporator was completely iced up. After defrosting it manually w/heat gun, I checked the heater resistance; it's o-k. Further research revealed that there is no traditional defrost clock; it uses a module which I believe is part of the digital temp. control setup. I should note that the unit was subjected to multiple power failure events due to a prolonged northeast storm (happens a lot here on Cape Cod). What are the chances that the module is defective, as against the likelihood of a defrost thermostat gone bad? The thermostat is hard to check once the unit is defrosted to the point where you can get to the connections....