Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:32:05 AM(UTC)

Hi.

The solenoids on the water valve are rated for 120VAC.You can't burn them by applying the 120VAC directly to the solenoid contacts.Make sure that you are not shorting anything out when putting the power cord or switching the plugs around.This is the correct valve

Part number: W10408179
Part number: W10408179

Simon.
jgibby65 Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 5:38:02 PM(UTC)

I read on line that a direct connection could be made to that solenoid with a 110 volt plug to a receptical and you should be able to hear it shift. When I did this there was a spark at the solenoid spade and after that there was no continuity. So I guess maybe it wasn't burn't out till then but didn't work anyway. When I put the second solenoid valve on it worked a few times then stopped. I disconnected the spade connectors from both solenoids and switched them. When the door water switch was made on the icemaker solenoid, it had a small spark in it and after that there was no continuity in it. So I'm not sure where the problem is other than I'm afraid to put the second new valve on.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 3:00:50 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Was the first solenoid burned also?
Check if the wires are not "grounded"

Simon.
jgibby65 Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 2:13:27 PM(UTC)

No water to icemaker. I have replaced the water valve with a new one. This has failed shortly after installing (no continuity now in solenoid). It worked for a few cycles but then quit. I now have another new valve but I am concerned about putting it in with the old icemaker. All the mechanical parts of the icemaker appear to be ok. Do I need to get the entire new icemaker or just the control assembly? Could this part be causing the valve to short out or is there another part I am overlooking. Thanks.