Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sinkerking Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:18:11 PM(UTC)

Ok thank you. I will check that.
Gene Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:52:37 PM(UTC)

Looks like the door lock is the culprit. If you can set your meter for K ohms then the normal reading should be 1.5.

Gene.
sinkerking Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:58:27 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You have to measure the wax motor (the orange piece on the right side of the following picture) circuit resistance. The normal reading is about 1500 Ohms. Otherwise the door lock has to be replaced.

- The door lock assembly Part number: AP4455026

That is the part I checked, I'm still trying to figure out my digital multimeter - on one setting (M"ohm") it reads .875, but on another setting (just the "ohm" symbol) it only reads OL.

Do you think that is the problem? The door lock? Or something else.
Gene Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:50:48 PM(UTC)

You have to measure the wax motor (the orange piece on the right side of the following picture) circuit resistance. The normal reading is about 1500 Ohms. Otherwise the door lock has to be replaced.

- The door lock assembly Part number: AP4455026
sinkerking Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:09:03 AM(UTC)

I have a Beaumark Energy Star front load washing machine. It wont spin except for a small jerk once it gets to the spin on the timer. The door lock is acting up and wont unlock and the timer wont advance past certain points. I took the front and back panels off and looked at the Tech sheet. It said to measure the voltages between the 5 and 6 pins in the 6 pin plug. I did and it read 0. It said to check the timer line switch or the door lock. I removed the door lock and tried testing in for continuity, the meter just read OL but i'm not exactly sure if I'm checking it right or if this is even the problem. Any advice?