Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
aramakg Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:51:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: aramakg Go to Quoted Post
check google the samurai appliance repair site, refrigerator repair faq, and topic "all samsung refrigerators have a lurking defrost nightmare problem"

Did you have any luck with replaceing the evaporater unit? I came home from work Friday and my Samsung refrigerator is freezing up again in the frig compartment after about 3 days of normal operation after defrosting the evaporator unit. I ordered a new evaporator\defroster unit like stomper did and will try replacing that. Any other suggestions?
aramakg Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 1:45:31 PM(UTC)

check google the samurai appliance repair site, refrigerator repair faq, and topic "all samsung refrigerators have a lurking defrost nightmare problem"
aramakg Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 12:46:27 PM(UTC)

It has been several days now since I took the hairdryer to the evaperator unit inside the refrigerator compartment. The food is no longer freezing and the refrigerator and the freezer seem to work fine but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you so much Magician!!!
Stomper88 Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:54:24 PM(UTC)

http://************************..._post.php?post_id=124543

Take a look at this. I think it may apply to my problem.

Looks like this site is filtering your post. :(
Stomper88 Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:53:12 PM(UTC)

I found my evap assembly (with presumed defroster) at this site. Its only $46 for me. It might be worth it just to see if it fixes it. But it could also be the defroster fuse or defroster thermistor (also located on the evap).

SEA BREEZE APPLIANCE PARTS AND SERVICES
aramakg Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:52:32 PM(UTC)

http://************************..._post.php?post_id=124543

Take a look at this. I think it may apply to my problem.
Stomper88 Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:47:05 PM(UTC)

I think the defroster and evaporator is one unit. If my hair dryer fix does not last I may end up buying the defroster and evaporator unit. Stomper, let me know if you fix your frig. Seems like we may have a similar problem. I would like to know who carries that defroster unit.

Sure thing, I have the service manual in case you need it. Let me know.
aramakg Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:44:15 PM(UTC)

I think the defroster and evaporator is one unit. If my hair dryer fix does not last I may end up buying the defroster and evaporator unit. Stomper, let me know if you fix your frig. Seems like we may have a similar problem. I would like to know who carries that defroster unit.
Stomper88 Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:36:23 PM(UTC)

I have a Samsung RS265LBBP with twin cooling and I am experiencing the exact same problem (freezer seems fine, fridge is freezing everything).

I will take a look at the fridge coils in a bit. If mine are too frosty, then would that be the defroster that is bad? I thought the defroster is supposed to kick in and melt the frost off the coils every so often.
aramakg Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:00:52 AM(UTC)

Last night I removed the back panel inside the rear of the refrigerator. I located the evaporator. There was some icing of the coils. Just a small amount. I took a hair dryer and spent 5-10 minutes removing the ice. I made sure a the connections were snugly attached and sealed it back up.
This morning the tempurature in the refrigerator seems to be back to normal and the food was not frozen. The freezer tempruature seemed high. I have it set at minus 4 degrees. I set a thermometer in the freezer and it read minus 14 degrees. For now the refrigerator is not freezing up and I can live with the colder freezer. Anything I need to do to prevent the evaporator unit from freezing up in the future? I really appreciate magician59's great advise. Thanks Magician.