Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 5:55:30 AM(UTC)

Your defrost heater is on the bottom of the freezer. Syptoms point to a compressor shutting down. Either a compressor going sour, or the motherboard shutting down.
You might want to look at the back side of the motherboard for bad solder connections at the power relay. Or you can repost this as an intermittant problem. May be someone else has experienced this problem.
joudin Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 4:10:11 AM(UTC)

Thanks - But - both freezer + frige cool perfectly 95 % of the time. If it was refrigeration problem, wouldnt it affect more than just the small section of the freezer where the defrost heater element (I assume there is one) is located?
richappy Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 12:20:28 AM(UTC)

Should get a pro. to look at this, seems like a refrigeration problem. You can measure the freezer temperature and post.
joudin Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:33:07 PM(UTC)

GE side/side PSC25MSSASS. Ready to call the repair guys. Unit only 3 years old. Freezer/Fridge work great til about 1 day a week, the upper 1/4 of the freezer warms up and stays that way for a few hours. Then everything freezes up again and all is cool for another week. I would prefer to avoid "trial + error" and get this fixed. My wish? Can you all tell me the simple repair answer if there is one?
richappy Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 12:37:39 AM(UTC)

For this "problematic" refrigerator, put a 100 joule suge protector on the outlet. Available at Lowes, $12.95 a blue box made for appliances. Make sure it is designed for appliances.
Troubleshooter Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 7:40:49 AM(UTC)

Thank you, Kayakcrzy and Richappy, for your advice and concern. I'm so thankful to have found this board. You all do a great community service!
Troubleshooter Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 7:39:23 AM(UTC)

The fridge came back on, but I think I'd better change the thermistor ASAP.
kayakcrzy Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 4:00:42 AM(UTC)

How can I put my articles on "Sticky? I have written quite a few articles for a magazine in 4 state area, which is Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma. After thirty years in the Service business, I am sure that my information to the customer would be very valuable. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
richappy Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 12:38:24 AM(UTC)

It seems like your freezer thermister may be bad. You can test this right from the motherboard by checking the schematic lacated behind the front panel. If none, you can go to the "sticky" GE refrigerators and my article "The South Jersey " schematic to get the pin #s.
kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2009 12:15:04 PM(UTC)

What fan are you talking about the one in the freezer or the one next to the compressor? Tom ApplianceEducator.com