Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 2:06:17 PM(UTC)

NotSoHandyTodd Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 9:19:43 AM(UTC)

I have a Maytag MDG9606AWW that wouldn't start. Dried a load this morning with no problems as usual then on the next load I pressed the Start button and it made the same hum noise at the original post and wouldn't go.

So I thought I'd try what Jay did by taping down the door switch so I could press the start button and hand-turn the drum to get it started. It started all right, then smoke started coming out and stunk up the house. I quickly pulled the plug. I took the front off and pulled out the drum so I could make sure there wasn't a fire inside. Seems safe now.

I've seen many threads blame the problem on a thermal fuse. But I'm thinking the motor is fried and must be replaced.

Am I on the right track? Anything else I should be concerned about?
Jay Wiggins Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2008 7:27:13 PM(UTC)

Denman:
Thanks for the advice. I'll use it.
JW
denman Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:31:03 PM(UTC)

Here is the parts breakdown
Model MDE2301AYW

Unfortunately it looks like you need a new motor.
Note that there are 2 types depending on the blower in the machine.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Jay Wiggins Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:54:08 PM(UTC)

When the start button is pushed the dryer motor makes an electrical humm as if it is trying to start but it does not. After jumping out the door switch I can push the start button while spinning the drum by hand. The dryer will then start and run normally.

Both legs of current are hot. The motor starting circuit switch appears to be working normally. I do not see a start capacator nor is one indicated on the schematic.

Any ideas?

Jay