Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ray3059 Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 4:50:10 AM(UTC)

Kind of a pain but it's done. I replaced the coils and it's back on line. Thanks Tom.
reliable bud Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:47:36 AM(UTC)

first look to see if the ignitor comes on then goes off without any flame -- if so probably bad gas valve coils if the ignitor doesnt come on then the ignitor is bad or the thermal fuse and / or operating thermostat is bad or multiple other less common problems (timer, motor switch, broken/loose wire, etc)
kayakcrzy Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:17:52 AM(UTC)

If you ohm out the coils, they will check out good. But, they might not be. Ray, her is what I do. I would put the coils on, because they are alot cheaper, and it takes care of the problem 90 % of the time. If not, a gas valve it is. Let me know how it goes. Tom
Ray3059 Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:04:52 AM(UTC)

Tom
I have jumped out all components to the except the coils. Ignitor comes on momentarily but the gas does not flow. How do I determine if it is the coils or the valve itself?
kayakcrzy Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:26:09 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Ray3059 Go to Quoted Post
I got the new ignitor today and installed it. Still no flame. What now? Check the coils or replace them? What else can it be?

Ray, you have to do this my way, so we can get you a dryer. If the ignitor comes on and there is no gas, it is most likely the coils, or possibly the whole gas valve. If the ignitor does not come on, then do it this way. We are going to systematically jump out each conponent till the gas comes out. Now unplug the dryer, and take the 2 wires off of the thermal fuse (The little white one in the back) Put the two terminal ends together, and put some tape around it, so it does not hit metal, and keeps the terminal ends together, plug it in, and see if it works. If so, replace the thermal fuse. If not, unplug the dryer, and put the wires back on the thermal fuse, and then go inside, and do the same thing to the the flame sensor. Then plug it back in, and If it works replace the flame sensor, if not, then the coils on the gas valve, or the whole gas valve is the issue. Do it this way. Also, tell me if the ignitor comes on. Tom
Ray3059 Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:39:33 PM(UTC)

I got the new ignitor today and installed it. Still no flame. What now? Check the coils or replace them? What else can it be?
kayakcrzy Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:23:22 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Ray3059 Go to Quoted Post
I have removed the ignitor and ordered a new one this morning. Should I check resistance, if what should it read.There is contiunuity through the radiant sensor. I presume its normally closed.

You know Ray, sometimes on some conponents, taking a resistance is not totally accurate. That is why on those gas conponents, I always jump them out. Then you know for sure. It sounds like you have it. Let me know. Tom
Ray3059 Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 9:02:31 AM(UTC)

I have removed the ignitor and ordered a new one this morning. Should I check resistance, if what should it read.There is contiunuity through the radiant sensor. I presume its normally closed.
Ray3059 Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 8:43:29 AM(UTC)

where is the igniter located?
kayakcrzy Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 6:43:57 AM(UTC)

jump out the flame sensor on the left side of the flame tube, and see if the ignitor comes on. If not, replace the ignitor. Tom. ApplianceEducator.com