Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:57:09 PM(UTC)

Take the lid switch out and have a good look at it. This type is very prone to coming apart. It can be glued back together or cinched with a small tie wrap. If it does not appear to be coming apart, the internal contacts may be failing so just replace the switch.

Whirlpool 285671 Lid Switch Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
souljoe Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:48:08 PM(UTC)

The machine will not drain completely all the time. I bought a new pump from APP.com and installed it with the same results (Lid Switch tested good). On the first cycle after installing the pump the machine did the same thing. It stopped spinning and left about 6 inches of water in the tub. Bewildered I just happened to put my elbow on the lid and the thing started up again and completed the spin cycle and drained all the water. After it was done I closed the lid and gently pushed on the lid and I could here the switch click with the pressure. My question is can the switch be adjusted? Has the lid somehow gotten bent? During a normal cycle it starts spinning but my guess is the vibration is somehow disengaging the switch and the slight pressure I put on the lid remakes it. It has got to be either the switch, the lid or the thing on the lid that contacts the switch. Any ideas? Don't want to rebuild this thing part by part. Thanks