Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:21:58 PM(UTC)

Tina,

Lets do one thing at a time. Finish with the cooling problem and then watch the dispenser. Be advised that you have to wait about 20 hours after you'll finish with the repair to see the real temperatures. Keep us posted.

Gene.
bodina Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:04:33 PM(UTC)

GENE!!! I've been waiting for you to respond. I've followed your replies to others and hoped you would answer mine. Thank you!

We figured out it was the defrost thermostat and are replacing it right now. But it's seems a strange coincidence that the water dispenser stopped working at the same time. Did one make the other quit?

Thanks again!
Tina
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:13:07 PM(UTC)

Hi Tina,

Does the compressor work? What is the current temperature settings?

Gene.
bodina Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:36:57 AM(UTC)

Hello,
I woke this morning to find my SxS freezer with semi-defrosted food from the middle of the freezer and above. The bottom foods are solidly frozen. The water dispenser isn't working. The ice dispenser is but the ice is melting inside. The refrigerator side feels like it's the correct temp. I cleaned the coils as best I could on the underside. I don't see any frost. I removed the back panels hoping for access from there but there wasn't. The fan was dirty but had been working so I cleaned. The water line is dripping at the wall and the connection on the back of the refrigerator. After cleaning, plugged back in. Fan working but no cool air in freezer. This refrig is about 14 years old. I noticed the copper pipe going into the motor is room temp (not sure if that's how it should be or if it makes a difference). I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,
Tina