Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
DFilice Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 6:26:03 PM(UTC)

After ordering a Spark Module, I decided to do some trial and error problem solving and I decided to dismantle the stovetop and try some things. I focused in on the Igniters and their wires. With the stovetop cover off I assembled all the burners and made sure all wires in the Igniters were pushed in. Everything worked. I then put the stovetop back on and only one burner worked. Hmmm. I took the stovetop off again, reassembled, and all burners worked. Hmmm. Must be something with alignment and the spacing the stovetop creates. I put back the stovetop, made sure all Igniter cables were seated and cinched down all burner screws to ensure a tight aligned fit. Ta-da! All burners worked. Now I have a spare Switch Harness and Spark Igniter for when they really go out.
DFilice Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:38:54 AM(UTC)

I had one burner on which the Igniter didn't spark, but gas came out. Years ago I had the Switch Harness replaced and this fixed it. I purchased a new Switch Harness, installed it (easy), and now the original burner sometimes ignites and two more burners won't spark. I thought it might be bad Igniters, but I swapped a working Igniter with a non-working Igniter, which didn't help. What next? Should I replace the Spark Module? Before I do that, is there anything else I should try or replace? I've tried re-seating the Igniter wires several times with no luck. I'm stumped as to why after I replaced the Switch Harness, new burners won't work.