Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
TechnicianBrian Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:56:11 AM(UTC)

Glad we could help.
frantab Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:18:00 AM(UTC)

thanks alot guys. you have been extremely helpful.
denman Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:02:13 AM(UTC)

Just thought of one more thing you should do.

Search on the internet for the best way to get rid of cat urine smell.
Then once you have the unit apart wash the area down with what you have found.
Cat urine smell is as difficult to remove as skunk.

If you leave some dried urine on the panels above or below your new insulation blanket every time you heat the stove up it will stink.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
TechnicianBrian Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:35:11 PM(UTC)

That looks like the correct part number for the blanket. Replacing the insulation isn't to difficult, but you will need to remove the burner box base located under the cook top to get to it. There should be a couple screws per side going into the top of the side panels. Once removed, the insulation can be removed. There may be some wire holding it in place along with it being stuck to the cavity sides. As Denman suggested above, you may want to identify how far the urine has migrated and cut out that section. Then replace it with part of the new blanket and put it all back together. If it has caused lots of damage, removing the side panels would be the best bet to get to the rest of the insulation. Just be aware once you remove the panels, there isn't going to be much holding that thing together so pay attention to how it comes apart and a helping had or two would be very helpful.
denman Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:04:42 PM(UTC)

For future reference your Model is a FEP310ew

Here are your parts
Model FEP310EW0

I think you need AP3065954 Item 24 in the "Chassis" section.

Perhaps TechnicianBrian can confirm this

I have no experience with the link yow included.
frantab Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:50:55 AM(UTC)

thank you for that, i remember seeing something similar, but couldnt find it again.

MODFEP310EW
RH0232603

thank you again for your help. somewhere else i looked pointed me towards this:Range Insulation
denman Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:41:24 AM(UTC)

frantab Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:59:44 AM(UTC)

where would i find the serial plate on it? this is the type it is if it helps any. thanks for all your guys help.

Roper FEP320 Electric Range Reviews. Buying Guides & Consumer Product Reviews - Epinions.com
TechnicianBrian Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:31:22 AM(UTC)

Denman,
That is a good idea, but my thoughts are if the cat spent enough time on the range that the customer is noticing the smell, I wound imagine the blanket has been wicking the urine and is most likely is bad shape. Of course forgetting the insulation, what do you suppose the vent tube and oven cavity look like?
denman Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:02:38 AM(UTC)

Brian
Could you just remove some of the insulation and then just repack it instead of replacing the whole blanket?

Sounds like it is time for some cat chow mein!!!

Denman