Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2024 5:43:23 AM(UTC)

A volt pen is going to identify voltage through the magnetic field created. If there is not voltage when measured with a volt meter, then the appliance is good.
Guest Posted: Monday, March 25, 2024 7:47:59 AM(UTC)

I have a GE dryer made in 2009 with a three prong cord that I have been fixing up. I tested the housing with a voltage pen with the dryer turned on and discovered that the housing was charged. Also discovered the dryer did not have a grounding strap. Does this mean there is a short somewhere, or are the older dryers just not insulated from housing? After installing the grounding strap to the neutral, the housing is no longer charged. However, the voltage pen still beeps and flashes when placing it near the timer knob when the dryer is turned on. The only metal on the knob is a ring around the plastic. Cant detect any voltage with a volt meter. Is this normal? Is the voltage pen really picking up a charge, or just magnetic field created by the little dryer timer motor as it turns?