Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
yjiang Posted: Saturday, June 5, 2010 6:32:20 PM(UTC)

Your thermostat part 3387134 is fine.
yzhong Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2009 8:29:05 AM(UTC)

Following Gene (Senior Expert APP Volunteer)’s procedure on the appliance parts pros forum on 2008-01-24, http://forum.appliancepartspros...3-no-heat-gas-dryer.html,. I worked on my Whirlpool Gas Dryer, Model Number LG9501XTN1, for run but no heat problem. I took out the 1st item, fuse (Whirlpool part # 3392519), it turned out to be broken (show infinity on my Ohmmeter). After I replaced it with a new one, the dryer still ran but no heat. I realized Gene did say “If the thermal fuse is blown – it has to be replaced together with the cycling thermostat”. So I took out the 2nd item, thermostat (Whirlpool part # 3387134). It had 4 connections, when cold, the top and bottom connections show continuity (0 Ohm), and the left and right connections showed 7.1 k Ohm. I was not sure whether it was blown. Anyway I still ordered a new one, which showed the similar, i.e. the top and bottom connections show continuity (0 Ohm), and the left and right connections showed 6.9 k Ohm. After I put the new thermostat in, the dryer still ran but no heat. I don’t know whether I should continue to check and replace the 3rd item (igniter, should it have continuity, i.e. 0 Ohm?), and 4th (Flame sensor), and 5th (gas valve coils)? Is it possible that when fuse and thermostat were blown, other parts (igniter, etc.) were also blown? Normally fuse is a protector, when it is blown, the other part are protected from blown, correct? Adam