Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 1:29:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: erf Go to Quoted Post
Eureka! It's fixed!

I got a flat blade screwdriver with an actual handle, and that did the trick. It's amazing what a little extra torque (and grip) can do!

Buttoned it all up and it's working! Hope this fuse holds up better than the original.

Thanks again SO much, Joe!

-Eric

Erf, Check one more thing ... Remove the kick plate and power to the dishwasher, open the electrical junction box on the front or the dishwasher frame, and check , make sure the electrical connections, make sure the wires are wrapped tight together and the wire nuts are good and tight.

You're Very Welcome !!!
erf Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 1:16:54 PM(UTC)

Eureka! It's fixed!

I got a flat blade screwdriver with an actual handle, and that did the trick. It's amazing what a little extra torque (and grip) can do!

Buttoned it all up and it's working! Hope this fuse holds up better than the original.

Thanks again SO much, Joe!

-Eric
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:42:41 AM(UTC)

Hi Joe...

The soldering sounds like a good idea, still not sure if the screw will grab on to it though.

I was wondering about the screwdriver type you mentioned. I have some tiny screwdrivers, don't know if they're "jewelers" or not. The one I'm using is in the jpg attachment.

Is that the sort you're talking about? In any case, one with a wider handle would be, um, handy ;)

Thanks again!

Erf, Yes, that's a basic "jewelers" flat blade screwdriver, and it usually works pretty well. Your next option is the local hardware or auto parts store and purchase a 1/16 inch flat blade screwdriver, and try the solder.
erf Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:38:22 AM(UTC)

Hi Joe...

The soldering sounds like a good idea, still not sure if the screw will grab on to it though.

I was wondering about the screwdriver type you mentioned. I have some tiny screwdrivers, don't know if they're "jewelers" or not. The one I'm using is in the jpg attachment.

Is that the sort you're talking about? In any case, one with a wider handle would be, um, handy ;)

Thanks again!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:51:05 AM(UTC)

Hi again all (especially Joe!)...

OK, got everything taken apart, ordered the wrong thermal fuse, ordered the right one, and now have the most ridiculous problem.

I snipped the wired from the old thermal fuse, stripped the insulation and now have to connect them to the terminal block on the new thermal fuse.
Problem: The wires will not stay connected to the terminal block.

I loosened the screws on the block, put the exposed wire ends into the holes, and tightened the screws until I couldn't tighten them any more. Result? The wires pop right out with just a mild tug (or less).

It's a very simple operation, which I've done before on other devices, but it's like the screws won't tighten enough to grab onto the wires and hold them. I tried stripping the wire with shorter or longer exposed ends, but no difference.

Have you ever heard of anything like this? Any suggestions? The wires from the thermal fuse to the terminal block seem to be very secure. Not sure what I could be doing wrong. The only thing is that the screwdriver I'm using to get to the screws that are that small has a VERY small handle... I'm wondering if that's preventing me from tightening the screw enough? I kind of doubt it, because when the wire pops out, it looks like screw is down pretty far, but maybe not far enough.

Any thoughts? I'm going a little nuts at something so simple causing so much trouble!

Thanks again (again!)

-Eric

Eric, Haven't had that issue myself, but then I had several "custom" tools for "special" occasions. A couple of things to try, Get an inexpensive set of "jewelers" screwdrivers from the local hardware store. If you have a soldering iron and solder, you could solder the end of the wire, so that when the screw tightens the individual wire strands don't separate and you'll get a very tight proper connection.
erf Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:33:36 PM(UTC)

Hi again all (especially Joe!)...

OK, got everything taken apart, ordered the wrong thermal fuse, ordered the right one, and now have the most ridiculous problem.

I snipped the wired from the old thermal fuse, stripped the insulation and now have to connect them to the terminal block on the new thermal fuse.
Problem: The wires will not stay connected to the terminal block.

I loosened the screws on the block, put the exposed wire ends into the holes, and tightened the screws until I couldn't tighten them any more. Result? The wires pop right out with just a mild tug (or less).

It's a very simple operation, which I've done before on other devices, but it's like the screws won't tighten enough to grab onto the wires and hold them. I tried stripping the wire with shorter or longer exposed ends, but no difference.

Have you ever heard of anything like this? Any suggestions? The wires from the thermal fuse to the terminal block seem to be very secure. Not sure what I could be doing wrong. The only thing is that the screwdriver I'm using to get to the screws that are that small has a VERY small handle... I'm wondering if that's preventing me from tightening the screw enough? I kind of doubt it, because when the wire pops out, it looks like screw is down pretty far, but maybe not far enough.

Any thoughts? I'm going a little nuts at something so simple causing so much trouble!

Thanks again (again!)

-Eric
Utelliptani Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:15:52 PM(UTC)

Hey
Check out. amazing
tabletten gegen Haarausfall
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:22:39 AM(UTC)

Well, I've come against a (hopefully minor) block... I got the dishwasher door cover off, but all the electronics are in a black box that, at first glance, seems to be secured pretty tightly to the door itself. There looks like there may be some tabs holding it on to the door, but I didn't have a chance to poke and prod it at all. I'm afraid if I force the tabs, they may break. Does this sound familiar at all?
Thanks!

Erf, Yes, The control board cover
Part number: AP3044292
Part number: AP3044292

is secured to the panel assembly with "tabs". You will probably need a flat blade screwdriver to release the tabs and lift the cover up and off the control board and panel assembly. Just don't overdo it, in most cases once you release one or two of the tabs, the cover comes up and off easily.
engeraSidge Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:36:28 AM(UTC)

Hey I've recently come across amazing haarausfall bei männern
engeraSidge Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:32:58 PM(UTC)

Hey
I've recently come across astomishing
haarausfall stoppen