Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tobiasnaegele  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:47:41 AM(UTC)
tobiasnaegele

Groups: Registered

I replaced the lower element (bake) because the old one was visibly burned out. But I still can't get the element to heat. I saw on another post that Maytags do this sometime and that the culprit might be a control/clock which may also have shorted out. Does anyone know how do correctly diagnose this problem? thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Mike Saylor  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 7:09:21 AM(UTC)
Mike Saylor

I have the same problem. However, replaced my control/clock panel and element...Still no heat. Did you find your problem yet as I am stumped. Thank you.
tobiasnaegele  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 8:15:34 AM(UTC)
tobiasnaegele

No, problem remains. All other functions -- burner, broiler -- operate properly.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 6:08:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike Saylor Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem. However, replaced my control/clock panel and element...Still no heat. Did you find your problem yet as I am stumped. Thank you.

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ase-help.html#post236566

Gene.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 6:12:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tobiasnaegele Go to Quoted Post
I replaced the lower element (bake) because the old one was visibly burned out. But I still can't get the element to heat. I saw on another post that Maytags do this sometime and that the culprit might be a control/clock which may also have shorted out. Does anyone know how do correctly diagnose this problem? thank you.

If there is no proper voltage to the heating element while the control calls for heat, the control board (aka a clock) has to be replaced.

- The clock Part number: AP4098715
Mike Saylor  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 8:30:30 PM(UTC)
Mike Saylor

My problem turned out to be a try that, its a 10 dollar fix. Just set your volt meter to continuity and put a lead on each side of the high limt switch no beep no power through it. you can also take the wires off put them together tape them up and turn the power on, should work. Don't leave it like that, it could be very dangerous...For trouble shooting only... my problem was a bad high limit switch ... Installed one of the same heat range and it works great..
tobiasnaegele  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:31:58 AM(UTC)
tobiasnaegele

I ordered a new control panel, installed it, the oven worked. So I looked at the old panel and saw that two solder joints had burned out. I resoldered the two joints, put the old control panel back on, and everything worked. Now I can return the new panel and get my $157 back. All I had to do was buy a soldering iron and solder, total cost $15.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply