Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bryankloos  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 3:41:19 PM(UTC)
bryankloos

Groups: Registered

Guys,

I'm getting a strange continual beeping from my dryer when run mostly in bulky item mode. She runs fine, heats fine and is venting well. It seems to happen mostly in bulky items mode, and the beeping is intermittent.

Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Bryan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JayEstes  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2017 1:56:14 PM(UTC)
JayEstes

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: bryankloos Go to Quoted Post
Guys,

I'm getting a strange continual beeping from my dryer when run mostly in bulky item mode. She runs fine, heats fine and is venting well. It seems to happen mostly in bulky items mode, and the beeping is intermittent.

Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Bryan

I found a solution to this very problem - and we fixed it ourselves. Ours was stuck in the permanent press cycle and it would beep contantly if you ran it in this cycle. When we would try to change cycles, the buttons would have an effect, but the cycle would immediately switch back to perm press.

Here is the solution: Unplug your dryer and get a handheld hair dryer. Using the hairdryer on high heat, we applied a LOT of warmth to the surface of the touch panel. We held it on there for 3-5 minutes. You need to be careful not to let it get so hot that it damages the plastic. After about 3 minutes, we plugged in the machine. Still, the washing mode was stuck in perm press. But we continued with the heat, and got the panel quite warm. Suddenly, at some point, it became "unstuck". I was pushing a "normal" cycle while heating the panel and it finally held. We turned off the hair dryer, and then tried to operate the panel. All controls had returned to normal.

Hope this helps someone in the future. We saw in another help article, and I am passing along the solution here.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...beeps.html#ixzz4j4b7qhaP
Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply