Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sas5417  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2010 9:40:59 AM(UTC)
sas5417

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool gas dryer model # LGR4634JQ2 that does not heat up. The Iginiter will come on and glow bright, however no flame or heat. Problem started out with heat for one or two cycles then just quit heating up all togather
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

adam8588  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2010 5:33:32 PM(UTC)
adam8588

I am no expert by any means but I have the same model of dryer that you do and I am 99.9% confident that I fixed the same problem tonight. I had to replace my gas valve coils. And let me guess your timer doesn't advance either???

You can find out more about it at the following link:

http://forum.appliancepartspros...ts-off-after-minute.html
dromesburg  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:53:02 AM(UTC)
dromesburg

Hi, I was trying to help a friend with the Whirlpool LGR4634JQ2 dryer that stopped heating up and her dryer actually ran for over 12 hrs without shutting off...

I read the article and did buy and replace both coils, part # AP3094251. After I replaced both coils, put everything back together and fired up the dryer and still no heat at all.. I know the coils go a certain way because the bracket the coils sit in/on, have a pin that lines up with the top of the bracket that holds them both in place.

I still had part of the back off the dryer and with it being gas I didn't want to mess around too much. I never saw anything ignite or light. I didn't hear anything either. IS it possible I could have put the wires harnesses on backwards or upside down and this is causing the dryer not to heat up? Does anyone know what else I can look at?? Nothing got warm at all. I left the dryer run for 5 - 7 minutes and thought perhaps the wires were upside down when I attached them to the coils or something else is wrong. One coil has 2 wires, the other has 3 wires in the harness. The one with the 3 wires is what I was thinking about the most afterwards. It didn't dawn on me until later last night that could be the reason. I am not there right now to see....

Also I did vacuum everything out, wiped everything down, check the wire connections. Even turned the gas shutoff off, then turned it back on a little later?? Any thoughts and thank you so much! Great forum By The Way!!!! Sincerely Dave
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply