Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rochester,mn  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:07:27 PM(UTC)
rochester,mn

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher seems to work when I run it, but the items in the dishwasher are not clean after the dishwasher has cycled through. I have pulled out the dishwasher to inspect the hose and motor, which seem fine. Has anyone heard of this problem before? If so, do you have any recommendations on how to fix this? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 1:14:40 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A model number may help others help you.
Model Number Locator

[COLOR="Blue"]Has anyone heard of this problem before?[/COLOR]
Yes it is fairly common.
To recap everything seems normal gut the dishes are still dirty, correct?

[COLOR="Blue"]If so, do you have any recommendations on how to fix this?[/COLOR]
Often the cause is dirty filters or something in the pump reducing the force of the water going to the wash arms.

Another common problem is the unit not filling with enough water.
Most units fill to just under the heating element.
This can be checked by adding a couple quarts of water after each fill during a cycle. If it now washes OK then check the fill valve.
Just be careful to not overfill it.
Often if the fill is low you will also hear a growling sound because the pump will cavitate (suck in air).
The most common cause is a dirty screen filter on the input side of the fill calve. Remove the valve from the unit and clean/check the filter.
Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rochester,mn  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 6:16:41 AM(UTC)
rochester,mn

Where would I find the screen filter on the input side of the fill valve? Or what should I be looking for when looking for the fill valve? Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
A model number may help others help you.
Model Number Locator

Has anyone heard of this problem before?
Yes it is fairly common.
To recap everything seems normal gut the dishes are still dirty, correct?

If so, do you have any recommendations on how to fix this?
Often the cause is dirty filters or something in the pump reducing the force of the water going to the wash arms.

Another common problem is the unit not filling with enough water.
Most units fill to just under the heating element.
This can be checked by adding a couple quarts of water after each fill during a cycle. If it now washes OK then check the fill valve.
Just be careful to not overfill it.
Often if the fill is low you will also hear a growling sound because the pump will cavitate (suck in air).
The most common cause is a dirty screen filter on the input side of the fill calve. Remove the valve from the unit and clean/check the filter.
Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:02:54 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="Blue"]Where would I find the screen filter on the input side of the fill valve?[/COLOR]
It is built into the valve's input fitting.

[COLOR="Blue"] Or what should I be looking for when looking for the fill valve?[/COLOR]
Usually on the left hand side behind the kick plate, the house water supply is hooked to it.
rochester,mn  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:10:28 AM(UTC)
rochester,mn

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Where would I find the screen filter on the input side of the fill valve?
It is built into the valve's input fitting.

Or what should I be looking for when looking for the fill valve?
Usually on the left hand side behind the kick plate, the house water supply is hooked to it.[/quote

So, I believe I located the valve, but had a few additional questions. The first question I have is do I need to shut off the water in the house when disconnecting valve? I started to disconnect the valve and water started to leak out and only seemed to get worse, so I screwed the valve back together. My second question is that it looks like the valve is held together with four bolts, which I can get three of the four bolts, but the last one I am unable to get because of an additional plate, which leaves no room for my socket wrench. Any ideas? Thanks again for your help.
denman  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:37:23 AM(UTC)
denman

I have been at the lake for a while and just returned.
Hopefully you have solved this problems but just in case.

[COLOR="Blue"]The first question I have is do I need to shut off the water in the house when disconnecting valve?[/COLOR]
Yes, though usually a shut off valve is plumbed into the water line going to the dishwasher.
[COLOR="Blue"]
My second question is that it looks like the valve is held together with four bolts, which I can get three of the four bolts, but the last one I am unable to get because of an additional plate, which leaves no room for my socket wrench.[/COLOR]
Not sure about this. Could it be that you are trying to open up the valve itself instead of just removing it and it's mounting plate.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply